53

Damon

I don't like confidence. I never actually understood what I meant by that. Adelaide is confident and god she's beautiful. She appears wild and fun and a little bit crazy. Until you get to know her. My little hell is special.

Above all, she has gone through a lot.

Everyone has their problem.

Pain in the body quiets the pain in the mind. Little Adelaide understood this. I saw her wrists. It's not too visible but it is enough that I noticed.

I won't ask her about it. She'll talk to me if she wants to.

Her idea of a ski trip was actually brilliant. She has good ideas all the time, she doesn't get enough credit.

After the fucking weird day we had. We need to let go of the drama. Well, they need to, I could do this all day.

''Can you ski?'' Adelaide looks up at me with this devilish grin, how can I lie to her?

''I snow''

''You snow? Is that a term now?'' she giggles at her own joke. I bring her to my chest and cover her with kisses. There's a reason why I wanted to leave these girls alone when we heard about them. We are ruining them. For better for worse, they say. Addy and I were already meant for each other. We just managed to fall in love on the way.

I am still cuddling her when I hear someone scream. It takes us both aback and she turns her head to look at me.

Except, this isn't someone being injured that is screaming.

I smile like a fucking idiot as I approach the door. I meet Michael and Kai that stopped and walked there to listen.

Mila, Quinn, and Addy join us as we try to make out what's happening.

Will's a little player, we all know what's going on.

''Are they-''

''Shhhh!'' We all hiss.

We can hear the bed rocking against the wall, the breathing mixed with moans, and the sound of skin slapping together.

I wonder who's on top. It better fucking be Elsie.

''Faster, babydoll'' Will whispers although he doesn't whisper it. We all look at each other and we take the girls back to the living room before they burst out laughing. Michael is carrying Mila while Kai and Quinn are walking side to side. He did fuck up and he fucked up bad. He brought it up to himself.

''They're doing it'' Michael realizes after laying Mila down on the couch. He turns to look at me and I shake my head.

Little one is flying now. I knew she could do it.

''Why is it such a big deal?'' Adelaide is very jealous, well, insecure is more like it. We'll have to work on that.

''The fact you have to ask'' Michael chuckles before wrapping his arms around Mila. I still think there is something going on behind that genius head of hers. I won't let it go, I am watching her. Very carefully, she'll step out of line. That's if she has something planned. Except, I see the way she smiles, she looks happy.

I don't want to take it away from her. I will if she messes with us.

''What are we eating?'' Quinn breaks the tiny silence that had filled the room. Adelaide scoops herself next to me and kisses my cheek. She's very touchy and physical touch is her way of showing love.

I still wonder why she beat a man and burned down his house. She has fire inside her, I intend to make it brighter than ever.

''What do you want to eat?'' Kai takes her hand slowly and Quinn does not flinch. She closes her eyes for a second before shrugging. I wonder what happened to her. I know it's not the best place or moment to ask but I can't stop myself.