40

Elsie

I once climbed a tree, blinded by the sun. It was so exciting until I couldn't see the ground anymore. This little feeling, adrenaline or perhaps fear, made me feel hope. For a second, I thought I was going to die. I was twelve, so let's not dig too much into that.

I gathered myself, I breathed, and then, I climbed down the tree. I had no injuries, I had not fell flat on my back. I did it.
It was a simple, easy goal. Yet, it made me happier. I thought that I could lead the world. Again, I was twelve.

I am not going to ask myself what happened. It's already so painful to just think about it, I can't wonder why it broke me.

But, I want my life back.

He stole everything from me except my life. I am still alive and it will not go to waste.

Sure, it'll take time.

For once, I am willing to try.

Damon and Will decided to drop out of college. They already have businesses and a lot of money. They don't need college. I think Kai already has dropped out and Michael's the only one who will pursue his classes.

I know why he's doing it.

He wants to prove to the world he did it without help from anyone.

I respect that.

Isn't that what I am doing?

This morning was hard, not going to lie.

Will soothed me and I realized that whatever happens, I can trust him. Fuck the four horsemen and the girl's on fire.

This is just us.

Elsie Argent and William Grayson III.

This is all it needs to be about.

Michael Crist crushed my world this morning. Everything clicks and that is why I threw the book, Alice in Wonderland in the garbage. How could I have been this stupid? To think my father left me this legacy, that he loved me.

It was more than a lie.

Michael and I are conducting a little project to get revenge. He shouldn't have sent me to foster care. He shouldn't have deprived Michael of his sister. Maybe, if the others agree, they can help us. With Mila's skills, it's going to be way easier. Will is already in, without a question. Damon suggested killing him right away so, he's in as well. I guess I'll have to talk to Addy and Quinn.

I just can't believe Michael is my brother. He said he knew his dad cheated on his mom. He just didn't think his dad made one woman pregnant. And the question now is, where is my mother? Who is she?

Here's the thing about psychology, it requires a lot of your time. And your energy and homework.

This assignment counts for fucking 40% of our grade and I forgot.

Damon assists our last class together and slips me a paper I did not write. I slowly turn to him and his grin is so wide, that it makes my heart beat faster. They all have this thing, they attract me. Will is different though. I can't explain it but I still want to take things slow. Unless he wants me to freak out.

''A gift from your loverboy and myself'' he whispers in my ear, my lips curling into a genuine smile. Will and Damon are truly something else.

Will is gay for Damon and Damon is gay for Will. But Will is straight for me and Damon is straight for Addy.  It all seems complicated.