3

Mila

It is not my fault I am not leaving alone tonight. Elsie came back home with her books after we finished the list. She looked shaken. Did something happen? Her hair was messy, more than usual. She plays with them when she's nervous. Is she nervous about tonight? We've been doing this for the past five years. We never got caught, why would we now? Besides, I am here. I will make sure we are untraceable.

She had a copy of Alice in Wonderland, the book her father used to read to her. I am the only one who knows the truth. Elsie trusts Addy and Quinn. Her trust in me is stronger. Why? I guess we have more in common. I've seen the way she acts recently. Something is happening inside her thick skull. I am not sure what yet. I thought about taking her phone or, searching through her room. I am not a bitch. I respect her. I will not search her room unless she makes me worried and doesn't talk to me. She'd bring it on herself then.

I hide my computer and my mask in my bag. We are all in our separate rooms, thinking this through. I can feel the rush of adrenaline in my veins already. Fire's night is the best night of the year. It's the night I wait for the entire year. It relieves stress, it makes me feel alive. You can't blame me for what will happen next. They all deserve it.

The girls say that in our group, I am the noble one. Even as a criminal, I still am the voice that brings them back to reality. Kind of the mom of the group. However, I am not sure that's very accurate. We all take care of each other and whatever happens, we always jump into the crazy shit we all have in mind. Ultimately, all the best people are crazy.

My hair is slightly curled at the ends. I love it like that. It makes me feel prettier, I guess.
This is the moment to go full out. We dress like sluts and it isn't fear we feel. It's freedom. Why should be judged because of what we wear? Okay, I don't ever dress like this in my entire life, except for Fire's night.

The tight red dress Addy got me fits me like a gown. It hugs my curves perfectly and reveals the perfect amount of breasts. I hang the necklace my father gave me around my neck, kissing it before admiring it in the mirror. The chain is silver and at the end hangs a ruby stone. The ruby stone he stole and made it into a necklace, for me. It's the only thing I willingly decided to keep, with the help of Elsie. I am a criminal, after all. Just like him.

''Are you ready?'' I twist my head, smiling at Quinn. Her red hair is tied in a tight ponytail. She's wearing her typical gold hoop earrings, a classic on Fire's night. Along with her black leather skinny jeans, with her white crop top. In this weather, I believe we are going to freeze to death. But, does it really matter? We have to make an entrance, do we not?

''Yeah, I am so ready for this'' Quinn walks to me, links her arm with mine. She kisses my cheek, her red lipstick all smeared over my face now. I laugh but I don't take it off. It's a tradition. Red kisses, that's her mark.

''Good, because you're opening the night'' Addy says, laying next to the door frame. Her diamond necklace is what catches my eyes first. My gaze trail off and I stare at her, up and down. She's always beautiful. Her hair is like mine except, hers is blonde while mine is black. She wears a black dress that also hugs her curves perfectly. And that's when I notice Elsie. Her long chestnut hair is curlier than mine and her dark green dress is very revealing. She has never worn something this revealing in her entire life.

''Derek called'' Elsie turns her back, expecting us to follow.

We do.