8

Kai

They're going through a phase. My first thought as we separate to find these girls is her. The redhead girl. She showed up behind us and she was leverage. I don't know why I didn't try to catch her ankle. What is impressive is how easily they put us down. They didn't even have to fight they just, handled us like we were nothing.

''This is bullshit guys!'' I yell as Michael drives faster. Damon wanted to take his place but hell no. We would have crashed them down. We just want to chase them. They don't know who they are defeating. The girls on fire? What a basic name.

''Hold on'' Michael takes a turn and we follow their car. We are going over 100, this is insane. I grab the back of my seat and grip it as hard as I can. Why am I excited?

''Bohooooooooooo!'' One of the girls scream. They opened the sunroof. She is standing and the girl with the dark hair holds her legs. This is on another level of crazy.

''Live fast, die young, bad girls do-''

''it well'' Michael completes, his hands gripping the wheel. I twist my head to the guys, Will and Damon, both smiling. Now, that's Devil's night. I missed this.

The girl waves her middle finger at us and she is yanked back in the car. I don't know who's driving but she's an ace of swords. How the fuck can she escapes us like this? We keep following them but eventually, they keep taking turns and we lose them. We look for them in the whole town but by now, they're gone. We've failed.

''Wait, Michael stop'' Damon shouts and Michael hits the breakers, jolting me forward in my seat.

''Look at this'' Damon gives us his phone. It's the news. What the hell?

''Wait, they burned a house down!'' Will slaps my shoulder and I keep my eyes on the phone. I remember when we did that. Are they mocking us? No. Is this why their name is the girls on fire? Probably. It makes sense.

We keep watching the live and we learn they robbed a jewelry store. Reyes. Let me make this clear. First, they expose a man who raped a girl. Second, they rob Reyes. Third, they burned a house. Fourth, they came to Hunter-Bailey to play with Trevor. Michael's little brother. It seems like everything was made out of revenge. Except for the last one. I believe the girl in green wanted to play with us.

The others only came when we caught her. It's kind of rude of them. They looked young, younger than us.  Their skin was all so smooth and they couldn't be older than twenty years old. There's the question, are they minors? Impossible. They wouldn't have been able to do all this. But, didn't we do it even though we were under eighteen? We did. Are we chasing high school girls? Maybe. It's fun, should we stop? Maybe. However, I don't think we should. I want to know more about them. How did they know the girl in green was in trouble? Were they listening? Did they have access to the cameras? What kind of stupid question is that? Of course, they did.

''Guys, there's a party'' Will says, snapping me back to reality.

''Where?'' Damon asks, taking Will's phone.

''Who fucking cares? We gotta catch-''

''They're going there'' Will interrupts Michael.

''The party was arranged by the girls on fire, they just sent me an invitation.''

Well, that's odd.

They're rubbing it in our faces. They want us to see how much better they are than us. Was that why their last 'prank' was in Hunter-Baliey? Because they knew we were there? This isn't about us. Can you blame me?