27

Kai

Only a fool wouldn't notice the microphone we hid. They discovered the camera, well, Mila did. Certainly, they will never find out about this tiny microphone hidden on the chicken counter. We hadn't listened yet because we wanted to wait, see if they found it. Well, they never did.

''Okay, got it'' Michael set his laptop on the table. I sat next to Damon as I observed Elsie sleeping in Will's arms.

What are they hiding?

We're about to find out.

''Do you want him?'' I recognize Mila's voice.
There's a moment of silence and we all share the same knowing look. So they really do everything like us and people say our charm is fake.

''Elsie answer the fucking question'' That's Adelaide. Damon jolts awake in his seat and is now listening more carefully. I know he wants her but there's something wrong with this. But when has Damon never done something wrong?

''I don't know how I feel'' Elsie answers and I can hear her swallowing.
She must have been nervous.

''Is that a yes or a no?'' I would say that Mila is holding their group together. That's not true. I've seen the way they obligate to Elsie's order. Since she's the one wanting one of us, they might have been really freaked out.

She has betrayed them, the choice was Will or them and she stayed with Will.

''I don't know'' Will strokes her hair and I keep my eyes on her. I have no idea what's wrong with her but for once, she seems okay.

''For Christ's sake'' Quinn mutters and it makes Michael chuckle.

''If we do this, would you ruin him? El?''

Do what?

''No, I wouldn't'' There's a grin spreading on Will's face and on all of ours as well. Whatever they're playing Will will always be with us. And Elsie is already too attached to Will to let him go.

''Okay then, it's set, you want him'' Mila emphasizes the word want and Michael bites his lip. He kissed her earlier, a dumb kiss.

He's messing with her and it is working, no matter what Mila might believe.

''Let's do this without involving him'' Adelaide finishes. This is a weak move. If they wanted to end us, they would end all of us. They can't just take one battery out of the package and then try to buy it. The battery comes in a pack and we are Will's pack.

''They are the hunters, we are their meats'' Quinn says. She always says some shit like that. She hasn't changed one bit. The girl that fucked with me is still buried in her head and she never left.

Michael stops the recording before closing his laptop.

''Well the good thing is she's not playing you, she's playing us.''

Not really, no. She is with Will all the time, she barely even talks to us. She might be powerful but shall she never forget that the role of the queen is to protect the king. And Will fits that role perfectly.

''She's just doing what she thinks is right'' he mumbles before kissing the top of her head. She shifts and moans before grasping the blanket. I have to admit, this is cute.