34

Adelaide
(Long chapter ahead)

Friends don't lie to each other. In fact, secrets keep us close. I thought we had that. Clearly, I was wrong. I will allow myself to be selfish for a second. I just lost the biggest opportunity of my life. Damon took care of me and he kissed me, which I still am in shock of, before he went to help Elsie. It's fine. What really pisses me off is why did he go? Is it because of Will? Or is it because he likes her?

Something has been wrong with her since the moment they came into her life. She does seem happier with Will around. Yet, it also feels like it is killing her. It's like she buried any thoughts she had about guys before meeting Will.

I am also extremely pissed that Mila and Quinn forced me to get out of school to chase them. My hand is fine, just a bit twisted. What is sure is that I won't be able to play for a while and I just lost everything.

My parents are going to kill me.

''Um, guys?'' Will shouts as Mila hits the brakes. I jerk forward and so does Quinn. Of course, sitting down on my lap wasn't the best idea but it was the only thing we had in mind as the fucking police officers started threatening us.

The guys messed them up pretty badly and whatever they did, it had something to do with Elsie. I can only imagine the worst but I am still being selfish. Because that's who I am. Because it's the thing people expect me to be.

''I think she passed out'' I turn to look at them and Damon is the one to take Elsie away from Will's arms. Something inside me snaps.

''Why is it always about her?'' I ask, closing my eyes. I regret saying these words as soon as they get out of my mouth. Michael, Kai, Mila, and, Quinn all stare at me like I am the bad big monster.

I don't blame them. I hate myself, too.

''You don't mean that'' Quinn spots Alex outside of Delcour and Kai seems to notice it. Whatever goes inside his head, is obvious.

''Oh, I do''

That earns a big moment of silence from everyone. I think they are all just trying to figure out if Elsie is okay. The thing is, she will be. She always will. Not all of us have her strength...

''What am I supposed to do? Apologize?'' I snap and Michael gets out of the car, I presume he's upset. Why does he have to be upset? What the fuck?

''That's exactly what I want you to do'' Mila stops the engine and Quinn rapidly gets out of the car as well, like I am the plague or some shit.

''Over my rich. hot. dead. body'' I mumble and Mila slams the door as she gets out.

Damon carries Elsie out and Will takes her in his arms. I watch them all going into Delcour, not sparing me a glance as they go. I expected Quinn to see through my harshness that I am hurting. Clearly, there is no such thing as a good friend.

''Get out'' Damon knocks on the window. I curse myself silently before wiping the tear that had fallen. Maybe I should call Avelina or Ryan. But my sister is too preoccupied with her dancing class and my brother, he doesn't give the slightest shit about me.

I gather myself and step out of Michael's car. He's probably rich. Or maybe, his daddy paid for it. Who am I to judge? My dad did as well. I am just as bad as they are.

Damon takes hold of me and I don't protest. I should though.
He broke my heart once, he can do it again.
But as I cuddle against his chest and smell his strong cologne, I clench to him.
I need this. I really do need it.