43

Quinn

I often wonder if I am good enough. In life, people say we do mistakes and we learn from them. That is strictly the truth. I have done lots of errors but I wish I didn't make them in order to understand.

Kai Mori was one of these mistakes.

My greatest mistake, perhaps.

I don't loathe him anymore, I initiated it all.
I just want to understand.

Why?

Why me?

''Do you think she'll be okay?'' Kai asks as he props himself on my bed. I feel slightly uncomfortable with him being in here. I love my space and sharing it with him seems impossible for me to do so.

Yet, I don't argue.

I want to ask Elsie what happened earlier. She's in pain, I have never seen her like this.

What did Martin Scott do to her that the guys care so much about? Why does Kai care so much?

''She'll be fine'' I answer, walking to my bathroom.

We all went back to our room with one of the guys. They didn't want to leave Elsie alone and since we don't have separate rooms that no one uses, they decided to sleep with us.

In our bed.

As I take my mascara off, in the corner of my eyes, I see him walking in. My gaze stays on my reflection in the mirror even as he wraps his arms around my hips.

He's playing with me.

I know that and I still fucking let myself fall in his embrace. Just like I always did.

I keep wiping my make up off and I even smile as he plants a quick kiss on my collarbone.

Elsie's room is next to mine and when I hear her giggle, Kai hears her as well.

I know because his grip loosens around my hips.

I know he's playing with me. He doesn't want me, he wants Elsie. Admitting that to myself is harder than anything I have ever had to go through. If you don't count my mother and sister disowning me.

''I'll go check on them'' he almost breaks into a run to Elsie's room.

I follow him. I don't have any intention in stopping him and I still follow him.

Surprisingly, Elsie's door isn't locked. That's weird. Isn't she having sex with Will?

They have been a thing for a while. There's no way they are this close without doing anything.

Right?

''What the fuck do you want?'' Will is on top of Elsie, tickling her.

Kai exhales a big breath and I frown. Was he scared? Why? Why the fuck does he care so much about her?

''I just wanted to make sure she was okay'' Kai says, his eyes are on Elsie.

''I am f- AH STOP'' she screams through her chuckles. Will is smiling so hard, his laughs mixing with Elsie's.

I cross my arms and sit on her bench, near her piano. I have to be careful because if I touch it and she hasn't told me I can touch it, she might cry. Yes, she did that once.

Lately, it feels like Elsie has given upon us.

She was our leader and right now, it's like Mila just took her place. She's keeping our plan in place but it's fading away and we all know it's never going to work.