31

Quinn

I did think he would actually stop. He hasn't.
Then why do I still believe he will?

Kai has been texting me nonstop since the girls told him I was locked in my room with Alex.

God.

We planned everything and it's all going to shit.

Thanks to my mom and Elsie.

Don't get me wrong. Elsie's been really happy lately. Will has been doing that to her and even if Mila thinks we can do this without involving him, I know better.

They are together or they are not.
The four horsemen will never, ever set themselves free. If one of them falls, they all fall.

It is the same way for us, yet, it feels like Elsie would definitely choose Will over us.

Elsie only brought books and homework back home. Now, she has Will and I don't know how I feel about that.

I am not angry. I am just very... surprised.

Elsie is really pretty. I wondered why she never thought about boys, I know now.

When you know someone who went through it, it's easier to spot someone else who has. Alex and Elsie are quite different.

On certain things though, they act the same way.

That's how I know Elsie has been raped.

''Do you think we can win?'' Addy is tying her hair in a high ponytail. I spot some strands of her hair over her blushed cheeks. I reach over and tuck it behind her ear.

She smiles in the mirror before I sing our favorite song.

''Is that a yes?'' she asks, crossing her arms over her chest.

Mila joins us with a weird look on her face. You know what? I don't dare to ask. I don't want to know and Addy doesn't need this to ruin her game. This is hers and Elsie better show up.

I don't care if the four horsemen come along, I need her to come so we know we didn't mess up completely. It's a promise we made. If she doesn't respect it, we're lost.

''You know you always win Addy, you're the best one on the team'' Mila praises and when I see the smile tugging at her lips, I smirk. Elsie and Addy are beautiful. Mila just has something they don't. Something that draws me in. I am not sure why. Maybe it's her eyes? Her hair? Her skin? I have no idea. This spark she holds within her, even Alex doesn't have whatever it is.

''Okay let's go'' I snatch Addy's keys and they follow me as we walk to her car.

No sign of the four horsemen.

No sign of Elsie.

The mezzanine is full. After all, it's their last game, I expected as much.
We never thought Addy would continue volleyball until we saw her play. She said her parents didn't care and that it was a waste of her time.

Well, we convinced her otherwise. And today is the biggest day of her life.

There are recruiters here, that's what she told us.

If she's recruited, she can train for provincials and maybe go to the Olympics. Okay, I am exaggerating but that's how good Addy is.

Mila got some popcorn, don't ask me why. It's a tradition of some sort. One Elsie belongs in and she isn't here to fulfill it.