33

Elsie
Tw: Sexual assault (flashbacks)

I can't believe what's happening. The tall figure hovers me with his arms. I am tempted to reach out because I know it's Will. I should, I truly should. But, I don't. Instead, I hide in the corner of Michael's car. It's his car, right? It has to be.

I count my fingers and I try to breathe. It's supposed to work. Why isn't working?

I am sinking, into the deep end in my head.

''Relax, if you move, it's going to be worse''  He whispers to me. I can still recall his hand on my mouth, muffling my screams away.

''She bit me! Bitch!'' he picked up his pace and my tears were forever locked away.

I can't stop thinking about it. He was here. They were. Why were they here? What do they want? Can't they just let me leave? Why won't they leave me alone?

Abuse can feel like love.

''Babydoll? Look at me'' I recognize Will's voice and his white mask smeared with a red line comes into view. I have no idea when the car started or why my friends are in here, paint spread all over their faces. White paint, I note.

Will touches my arm and I flinch away. It's enough for him to take his mask off.
Damon is sitting next to us while Kai and Michael are in a circle around Will and me. Who knew he could have this many people in his car?

Mila is driving and she's driving, fast.
I have to urge to vomit and I don't know how I keep it in.

Addy is in the passenger seat while Quinn is trying to talk to them, sitting on Addy's lap. If the cops catch us, we're gonna have to pay up.

What did they do? Why are they here?

I can't remember anything.

Will cups my cheeks and it's only then that I realize how much my skin is shivering. My lips tremble and it gets harder to breathe.

''Stop, I can't- I can't''

''Yes, you can. It's okay it's-''

''No, it's not! Will, I can't breathe''  I push him and count my fingers again, counting each breath I take. It's not working.

''Elsie, look at me'' he pleads. He comes into view and the others have taken their masks off as well. I see his light green eyes and something in me relaxes. My heart rate is slowing but my skin crawls and the bill is still rising to my throat.

''What did you guys do?'' I manage to ask, a sob escaping my lips.

''You don't understand he's gonna- he's gonna kill me'' I watch Michael wince. He's looking at me differently than he usually does. He normally looks at me like he admires me but there is something different in his stare. I can't quite figure it out. Not with my head messing with me like this.

Will kisses my forehead and laces his fingers with mine. I notice Kai has put a blanket on my shoulders but I am not cold, I am hot. Every memory comes back and even as I push the thoughts away, I can still hear him. ''Where's the knife? Let's show her a lesson''

''Is he the one that gave you your scars baby?'' Will whispers and I shake my head?

''Will, I can't-''