46

Elsie

Sometimes you think everything is so great that the universe has got to be beside you. My head swarms with positive thoughts and happiness. Maybe this is because of the four horsemen and especially Will. I do think Damon helped a lot in the process.

Will is getting dressed in my room while I get out to make some coffee. I won't lie, I am still a bit worried about Kai. Where did he go last night? Is he alright?

He did something very disturbing, I still deeply care for him. I don't expect anyone to understand.

With a blanket wrapped around my naked body, I make my way to the coffee maker and do my little routine. Will has not told me what he likes to put in it so, I'll make it as if it was mine.

Two milk, two sugars.

When we were in the shower, I didn't think about Martin until it was over. Will seems to chase away all bad thoughts of mine, recently.

This is a good sign.

And a very bad one.

I rely on him now.

I rely on them.

Maybe the girls stopped plotting against them. If kai hadn't fucked up with Quinn, maybe they would have. There's no going back now and I won't stop them, nor will I help the four horsemen. Maybe I'll save Will and Michael, and probably Damon. Oh and Kai too.

Fuck me.

''Elsie?'' I snap back to reality as I hear Quinn's voice. She's sitting at the table, a hot chocolate in her hands.

This isn't my fault, is it?

''Hi,'' I say, approaching her slowly. I feel extremely guilty but I never did anything to make Kai believe I had feelings for him. For Christ's sake, he saw Will and I make out a few times. How on earth could I have led him to believe I liked him in that way?

''Hi,'' Quinn smiles weakly. I can spot the darkness surrounding her eyes. She must have not slept at all. I know my friend, she doesn't sleep when something bad happens. The thought that I did this to her kills me.

I take a seat in front of her, carefully glancing at our coffees.

''Are you naked underneath your blanket?'' I am thankful for the bit of darkness in the room because I know I am blushing. The girls have never seen me in a bikini. They always saw me wear dresses or basic stuff that exposes your skin. Yet, I never dared walk around in my bra.

''Umm''

''Did you guys do it?'' She seems insistent. It doesn't scare me, she wants to make sure there's no way I could have done what she thinks I did. I would never double-cross a friend. Not my best friends.

''No, we just um.. we didn't do it'' I shrug and I feel the need to apologize. This is beyond my control and I really don't want her to be mad at me.

''Look, I am sorry''

''You don't have to apologize, this isn't your fault'' she stares at me and it makes me flinch. Normally, I would apologize again. But this look she just sent me tells me that she will kill me if I dare do it again.

''How are you feeling?'' I need to know. I want things to get back to the way it was before. But it isn't. It's not the same as it was. I wonder if I want to go back only because I felt comfortable at that time.

''Betrayed. But by him, not you''

''For a moment I thought you and Kai had done it but you're too loyal to do this to Will. You love him don't you?'' She says and I am taken aback by how quick the conversation is about me now. I lower my blanket a little bit because it's so hot in here. Or maybe I am just nervous.

''I think I do'' I admit, the heat reaching my cheeks. I do, I know I do.

''I am happy for you'' is she? It doesn't sound like it.

I stand up to stop the coffee maker before Quinn talks again. It's good, she needs to talk to me. Miscommunication is a thing these days.

''What did Michael mean when he said you've got the scars to prove it?'' Again, I flinch. I knew they would ask me about it. I didn't think she would be the first one to care.

''Nothing'' I turn to her, my blanket almost falling to the floor.

Fuck.

''Oh my god is that-''

''You saw nothing'' I act fast. Tuck my blanket around my body so she can't see anything. It's too late though. I recognize the look on her face.

Pity, disgust, horror.

''El-''

''You saw nothing!'' I snap, a bit too loud. Will must have heard us by now and I am desperately hoping he comes so I have nothing else to say. So she can shut up and forget she has ever seen anything.

I turn my back on her and luckily, she understands. I hear her sit back in her chair before sighing. The coffees are shaking in my hands, fuck.

''Baby?'' Will calls out. I am instantly filled with relief as he wraps his arms around my waist, kissing the skin I have left uncovered.

''How's the coffee looking?'' He asks even though he can see they have been made and ready to drink.

'' Um, coming right away'' I joke, Will whispering thank you's in my ear. It makes the hair on my body rises. How can he have such power over me?

I crave him. I crave his touch.

I am not sure how long it'll take until I am ready.

''Michael and I will drop you at school, is that alright?'' I hear Quinn standing and leaving. She must have had enough. I did just scream at her and it's not like she did not deserve it.

Did she?

''What about Mila, Quinn, and Addy?''

''They don't have school today. Michael and you do'' that sounds very protective of him.

Addy, Mila, and Quinn do have classes today.

Is this a code for something? Is he taking me somewhere?

''Oh,'' I answer confused, my head dazzled by what just happened.

We walk back to my room, the hot liquor already going down my throat. Will is dressed in his shirt from yesterday and I am here, naked, in my blanket.

Whatever happens, I know Will will be there for me. He will help me and so will the four horsemen. I think I've just switched teams. I don't believe I will stay with my friends on this one. Is it possible I've become the enemy?

 Is it possible I've become the enemy?