4

Michael

A fool can play a game unless he decides to let it take over his head. Ezekiel was already on a leash. Whoever this girl is, she pulled out a magnificent stunt. We knew he was an asshole, a douchebag but not a fucking rapist. The mayors of every town always have something to hide, don't they?

The voice of the girl was muffled but I could hear it very well. I still remember it. Soft, calm, and dangerous. The voice of a fighter. She has to be some sort of nerd to be able to pull this off without the police tracking her. Why is she doing this? It's not important. Great move, bad playing. Whatever she's doing, I hope she knows how to do it.

''Well that was... something'' Damon says before taking a sip of his drink. I find myself hearing her voice again in my head. Do we know her? And the question is taking over me, why? I am not complaining, that bastard needed to be put down. But, why?

''That was badass'' Will pulls a cigarette between his lips and my eyes never leave his. There was something about that girl he met earlier. She was pretty. Long brown hair, brown eyes, red lips. I can see why Will tried to get with her. I wonder why he didn't talk more to us about her. It was obvious he was interested. I could try to find her for all I care. I would never do it, I saw the way he looked at her. But, he needs to tell us because I doubt Kai or Damon will back off. For Christ's sake, we might never see her again.

Tonight is Devil's night. We thought we could do something, pull out some pranks. However, none of us are into it. We just want to get drunk. On this night. The night we all craved for more than two years.

I think we all want to let it go. At least for this year. We'll get back on track. We don't break the rules because we are criminals. We do it for fun. Our fun has a kind of price and we aren't ready to go back to jail. We are here, that's all that matters.

''I heard about these girls'' Damon mumbles, snapping me out of my thoughts. I turn to him, my full attention on the guys.

''What girls?'' Will lets the smoke fill his lungs as his eyes are still on me. What the hell?

''The girls on fire'' Kai chimes in. I narrow my eyes, confused.

''The girls on fire?'' I repeat, the name sinking in. What does it mean?

''Tonight is Fire's night. That was one of them'' Kai claps me on the back and I still. Fire's night?

''Tonight is Devil's night'' Will corrects, his eyes turning on Kai. He nods and Damon chugs his vodka. I guess we all could use liquor tonight.

''It's the same thing'' Damon orders another bottle and as much as I want to stop him, I know he needs this. We all do.

''What do you mean?'' I ask. It's the same thing? It can't be. People can't recreate what we do. It's ours. For no one to steal. We are the four horsemen. This is the work of amateurs.

'' Four girls, the thirtieth of October pull pranks in the city. Just like we did'' Kai explains. I blink as my heart flutters. What the fuck?

'' No one knows who they are. They just know they are the girls on fire and tonight is Fire's night.'' Yeah, I gathered that. I am not sure if I should feel flattered or insulted.