Family Movie Night (Request)

Warnings: None

Warnings: None

Age: 14

Word Count: 1,023

Requests: Closed

Summary: You and your parents have a family movie night

Requested by: 

Date: 04/04/2022

A/N: Thank you so much to my favourite second person for suggesting this. Love you ❤️ :)

———⧗———

It was Saturday night and you and your parents were getting everything ready for the family movie night.

Normally its seen as "not cool" to hang out with your parents, especially on weekends but you were the exception especially since your parents are literally two of the coolest people ever: Captain America and Black Widow plus they have just gotten back from a 2-week long mission and you have missed them more than words can describe.

———⧗———

"So what movie are we thinking tonight?" Steve asked placing the bowl of popcorn on the coffee table.

"Moonraker?" Natasha suggests.

"Not Moonraker again all you do when you make me watch any James Bond movies is make comments on how you would take out the bad guys." You said as you threw yourself down on the soft.

Both your parents sat down beside you. Your dad has the remote and was scrolling through Netflix while your mom was covering you all up with blankets.

"Marley and me?" Steve asked

"Absolutely not that movie gets me crying every time." You say.

"The Conjuring?"

"We're not watching a horror movie. I'm not having Y/N getting woken up every night from nightmares." Natasha responds

"I don't get nightmares from watching horror movies." You defended yourself.

"Baby, the last time we watched a horror movie you were sleeping in our bed for nearly a month." Natasha reminded you.

"First of all that was only because your bed is a lot more comfortable than mine. Second of all the woman had literal buttons where her eyes should have been. Who's brilliant idea was it to even suggest that movie is suitable for kids."

Natasha lets out a light chuckle.

"Here you look." Steve handed the remote to you.

"How about...twilight?"

"If it's that movie with the sparkling vampires then ill pass," Steve said.

"How about a dog's purpose. I know how much you like movies about dogs." Natasha

"Maybe but I don't want to watch it in case the dog died and I'm not really in the mood to be uncontrollably sobbing tonight." Then you let out a yawn.

"I'm done, you look." You handed the remote back to your dad and you snuggle up to your mom.

"Turn it over to Disney and put on Finding Nemo or something." You said as you stretched out your legs and rested them across your dad's lap.

———⧗———

While Finding Nemo was playing it got to the scene with the sharks. When the scene with the explosion happened you got a fright and, of course, both your parents felt your body jump.

"You have seen this movie so many times and still get scared at the same scene every time." Natasha laughed

"It just startled me, that's all," You turned to rest your forehead on your mom's shoulder and hid your face in embarrassment

Natasha and Steve heard you laughing so they knew that you were okay.

"I can't reach, can you get it for me, daddy?" You were stretching your arm to try to grab the popcorn bowl on the coffee table but your arms were too short to grab it without moving.

———⧗———

After the movie had finished Steve saw that both you and your mom had fallen asleep.

He carefully moved your legs off his lap and placed them on the couch. You started shifting and he got worried that he had woken you up but you had just moved your legs up to your chest and leaned them against your mom He covered you both up with the blankets that had fallen off at some point then placed a kiss on you and your mom's foreheads. Then he took the bowls into the kitchen.

Natasha woke up and saw that Steve wasn't there. She carefully removed herself from the couch but kept her hand on your head to support it and replaced it with a cushion.

She picked up the cups that were on the floor and headed into the kitchen. She placed them on the counter beside the sink.

"I don't wake you up did I?" Steve asked worriedly.

"No, you didn't," Natasha responded picking up the dish towel and drying the dishes.

Natasha has always been a light sleeper one of the many things that kept her alive in the Red Room which came in handy when you came into her life whenever you had a nightmare she would be by your side instantly and giving you as much comfort as possible.

After they had finished washing the dishes they both walked back into the common room and you were still sleeping soundly on the sofa all warm and cosy wrapped up in the blanket

They started quietly turning off all the lights and the tv then Steve carefully lifted you and they made their way up to their room.

———⧗———

You started to wake up a little.

"Where are we going?" You asked confusedly.

"Up to bed, honey," Steve replied.

"But what about the movie I need to know how it ended."

"Baby, you have seen that movie plenty of time to know what happens at the end," Nat said.

"I know but I still need to see it."

"Maybe in the morning," Natasha told you running her hand through your hair.

Even with your eyes slightly open, you saw that they had walked past their bedroom and were heading to yours.

"No, I want to sleep in your bed tonight." You whined.

It was too late so they just gave in and turned around back to their room.

"Yay." You tiredly cheered.

Natasha opened the bedroom door then she pulled back the covers and steve gently placed you on the bed. You shuffled over to the middle of the bed so they had enough room too.

After Natasha had turned off the light and got into a comfortable position you snuggled up against her.

"Love you, mama, love you, daddy." You whispered.

"Love you, baby." "Love you, kid" Natasha placed a kiss on your forehead and Steve kissed the side of your head.

It didn't take you long to fall back asleep.