Chapter 5

14 Years Old

"Where am I supposed to go?!" I yelled as father threw all of my stuff down the staircase.

"That's none of my fucking concern! I want you out!" He growled as he flipped my mattress in anger.

"Please- Father-"

"Dont you dare defend her Severus!! She lit my hand on fire!!" He yelled cutting Severus off.

"Because you hit me! I can't control it sometimes! It w-won't happen again-" I stuttered watching as he finished throwing every belonging I had down the stairs.

"You have 5 minutes to get out and you won't like what would happen if you don't," he threatened and stomped out the room.

I stared at the ground and took in a deep breath. Don't feel Sam. It's fine. It's nothing. Breathe. Control your emotions.

I picked up my suitcase and quickly turned to go down the stairs. I can feel Severus stare at me with widened eyes and I avoided meeting his eye contact. I sped out the door and I can hear his footsteps following me. Once I reached the end of the steps I began throwing any possession I needed into it sloppily. Severus kneeled down and began helping me with shaking hands.

"Are you going to Potter's?" He asked.

"I'm going to Lily's," I replied vaguely.

"Oh, that's a relief-"

"Does it really matter? I'm being kicked out of my own home!" I snapped. "So what if I did go to Potter's? He would've welcomed me."

"I don't want you there-"

"Not your call Severus," I spat and zipped up my suitcase.

I got to my feet and began walking towards the door in a hurry.

"Sam."

I released a sigh and stopped in my tracks. I looked over my shoulder and Severus was frowning at me. In a matter of a second his face went stone cold, barely holding any emotion.

"Take care of yourself," he said and nodded at me.

"See you in school," I replied nodding back.

-

The door flew open and Mrs.Evans stood before me. She had a bright smile opening the door but it quickly faded as she took in my appearance.

"Darling, is everything ok? Lily! Come in love," she said opening the door wider.

I slowly walked in and was shivering from the cold. It was pouring rain outside and I was completely drenched from the walk over here.

"Excuse my rudeness Mrs.Evans- I don't mean to intrude I- i just have no where else to go," I said and I can hear footsteps running down the staircase.

"It's not a bother honey. You are more than welcome to stay as long as you want," Mrs.Evans frowned gripping my shoulder.

"Sam?" Lily called now running around the corner. She quickly came up to me and pulled me a in a hug. "What happened? Are you ok? Where's Severus-"