Chapter 19

Klara

Classes were finally over and tomorrow we would be having a Thanksgiving dinner. There's a special one that 4th years and up take part in. Everyone dresses up and all the houses are allowed to sit wherever they want and such. It's an event that everyone looks forward to.

However, Tonight was the full moon and I knew Remus was preparing for it right now.

"You're coming to the big dinner tomorrow right?" I asked as Samantha walked in the room.

"Of course. Tonight is the full moon not tomorrow." She replied.

"I know. I just wanted to make sure. I'm excited we're finally going to an event together," I smiled.

"Honestly so am I. I am in need of a good time," Sam laughed. She grabbed her bag and flung it over her shoulder. "I'm heading off."

"I- wait. Can I see him before?" I asked and she froze.

"Uh... you'll have to be quick. Literally," she replied.

"I will. I just want to see him," I said and she gave me a nod.

"Let's go."

-

We ran up the hill towards the Whomping Willow as fast as possible.

"Why didn't we fly here?" I groaned trying to catch my breath as we reached the top.

"That's ... a great question actually. Next full moon I'm definitely just flying here," Samantha replied stopping shortly.

We looked around saw the boys standing about in conversation. When they faced us they visibly froze at the sight of me.

"Uh no offense but why are you here?" Sirius asked me.

"Lay off," Samantha groaned pushing Sirius away.

"I... wanted to see Remus before his transformation," I replied and looked over at Remus who had widened eyes.

"Uh huh," James smirked but Sam whacked him on his head.

I walked over to Remus suppressing my smile while the others engaged in their own conversation again. I stood a foot from Remus and he was frowning now.

"Why did you come? I'm not exactly in the best spirits before I transform," he said.

"I don't care I just wanted to see you," I replied.

"I- uh.. thanks? I guess I don't really know-"

"And... to ask if you were going to the dinner tomorrow?" I continued holding his stare.

"I actually am not... I still get aggressive and moody after the full moon- being around a lot of people puts me on edge-"

My face fell and I nodded at his response. "Yea- yea no problem. I was just curious."

"Why .. do you ask?" He asked raising an eyebrow at me.

I took a step closer to him and he stood taller looking down at me. I looked up at him smiling and reached for his hand. I intertwined our fingers slowly making his eyes widen.