Chapter 49

Samantha

"Are you ready?"

The door opened slightly and Regulus poked his head in. He was in well tailored dark grey dress robes and his hair was perfectly curled. I took one last look in the mirror and sighed. I had on a long sleeved grey dress that hugged my body and flared out at my knees. My hair was pinned in an elegant bun that Walburga recommended. I made sure to have my engagement ring on and my makeup was kept light.

"I'm ready," I nodded turning and walking towards Regulus. "Where's Sirius?"

"He's with the groomsmen so he asked I escort you to make sure you aren't alone," he explained offering his arm.

"Very well. Let's get this over with-"

"Are you ok? Is everything ok with you and my brother?" Regulus asked.

"Why is everyone asking me that-"

"Because you both look tense. Are you arguing?"

"No- we're just- feeling the pressure. But we'll work through it," I reassured.

"I hope so. He- he needs you. And you need him," regulus frowned.

"I know. Trust me I know. Im beginning to question if this is healthy," i laughed as we walked out the room.

"Is any of this healthy?" Regulus shrugged.

We walked to the floo in silence and his parents and Severus were waiting for us.

"Oh you look lovely," Walburga smiled coming to me. She pulled me in a hug and I returned it politely.

"Thank you- you as well," I replied and she went to acknowledge Regulus.

I looked over at Severus and he stared at me for a moment. His eyes met mine and I can see him occlude. I frowned at him and went over to him.

"It's healthy to feel emotions," I mumbled.

"I don't know what you're talking about-"

"Severus," I sighed and he rolled his eyes.

"You look terrible," he said in the most softest voice I've ever heard him conjure.

My eyes widened in shock and I looked at him taken aback.

"And I don't mean your beauty is lacking. I just don't... recognize you is all."

"I thought you would like me this way. Isn't this what you've always wanted anyways? To be a part of this?"

He stood quiet for a moment and I can see him occluding once again.

"I thought so too."

And the wave of nausea hit me all over again.

-

This wedding was better than Bellatrix's. It was still weird with tradition but Lucius and Narcissa were genuinely in love and I knew them. I felt more a part of everything.