Chapter 17

Samantha

I walked back to the slytherin common rooms with my arms crossed over my chest. Klara and Regulus walked in silence at my sides while Lucius and his puppets followed hexing Gryffindors as they walked by.

Lily and Alice were in conversation walking towards our direction unaware of our presence and I stood up straight in alarm.

"Look what we have here gentlemen," Barty said loudly causing Lily and Alice to freeze.

I grabbed Klara's arm to stop and we turned to watch them crowd around Lily and Alice.

"We don't want any trouble," Lily attempted to sound strong but we can hear the slight tremble in her voice.

"Did we ask?" Barty laughed stepping closer to her.

"Crouch I suggest you back off," i spoke up.

Klara gripped my arm tightly and i shrugged it off angrily. Barty raised an eyebrow at me giving me a taunting devious smile.

"Mind your business blood traitor-"

"Watch how you speak to my sister Barty," Severus spat and Barty released a sigh.

Barty looked back at Lily and grabbed a strand of her hair between his fingers. He twirled it slowly and looked down at her grinning widely. I can see Lily trembling slightly in fear and I grew even more furious at the sight.

I completely stepped forward and stomped in the middle of the circle and grabbed Lily. I pulled lily behind me protectively and stared Barty down.

"Severus grab your sister before I do." Barty threatened.

"Touch me and it'll be the last time you use that hand," i warned Severus.

"Fucking hell," Klara sighed and approached my side.

She stepped directly in front of Alice whom Crabbe was ogling and looked at Lucius. He stared her down obviously still angry from the situation at dinner.

"You're going to embarrass me further?" Lucius sighed.

"It seems to be a trend around here I guess," she shrugged and I couldn't feel prouder.

"Not today," Lucius growled and he grabbed her arm.

He pulled her behind him practically making her stumble and Barty reached for my arms quickly.

"Let go of me- stop!" I yelled as Barty pushed me at Crabbe and Goyle.

Once they held contained me, Severus stood at my side and grabbed my arm harshly.

"Severus-"

"Shut it," he demanded and I groaned loudly.

"It's Lily Severus. Come on- stand up for her-"

"Samantha I can't. Keep quiet," he said squeezing my arm.

Barty stepped up to Lily and she fell backwards into the wall in fear. Alice grabbed Lily and reached for her wand as well.

"Expelliarmus!" Barty yelled quickly and Alice's wand flew to his hand.