Chapter 16

Remus

We walked in silence all the way to the slytherin commonroom. I can hear her heart beating rapidly in her chest and I frowned. She stared at the ground with a serious expression as we approached the doorway and I faced her completely.

"Well this is me," Klara sighed turning towards me.

My eyes met hers and I felt my stomach turn. She had the most beautiful silver eyes and I'm telling you they do quite a number on you.

"I'm sorry about Barty and them... again...  I know you said-"

"It's alright. I'm over it. I just hate that it happened," I replied digging my hands in my pockets.

"Me too. Especially since I had the best day," she smirked stepping closer to me.

"Really? I mean we just hung out-"

"Don't downplay yourself. I had a lot of fun. Truly," she reassured.

"I wish I could've done more."

"You don't need to. You- ... it was more than enough," she said smiling up at me.

"I'm glad. I- I gotta go meet up with the boys. I'll see you tomorrow?" I asked.

"Remus I'll see you later at dinner," she laughed and I felt my cheeks get warm.

"Right," I replied scratching the back of my neck nervously.

"See you," she smiled turning away from me.

She walked towards her entrance door and stopped. She looked over her shoulder and I looked at her confused. Suddenly she walked back over to me and put her hands on my shoulders. She rose on her toes and I felt her lips softly press against my cheek. She planted a soft kiss and im pretty sure my heart was about to explode out of my chest.

"I- uh-" I stammered as she backed away from me.

"Hope that makes up for Barty. See you later Remus," she smiled suddenly acting shy.

She quickly ran into her commonroom and I stared at the door dumbstruck. My hand traced the cheek she kissed and I smiled to myself. I spun around and began making my way to the Gryffindor commonrooms.

-

I walked into my shared dorm and the boys were on my bed suddenly going quiet. We stared at each other for a moment and their eyes litt up excitedly. I walked in rolling my eyes and closed the door behind me.

"Moony!" James cheered excitedly.

"Tell us about your date!" Sirius smiled.

"Can you two let him settle first? Geez," Peter laughed.

"Thank you Wormtail. They need renewed house training," I groaned sitting on my bed.

"On with it," Sirius pushed.

"It was nice. It's not happening again-"

"WHAT?!" They collectively yelled.

"And why not?" Sirius frowned.