Chapter 53

Samantha

Slytherin won the house cup.

But unfortunately, Gryffindor won the last quidditch match. Well- at least both houses won something. Win win for me and my boys. The slytherins were having their own celebration while the Gryffindors were getting wild in their common room. Klara and I agreed to split our time. Klara was seated next to Regulus who was, of course, smoking while I sat in between Evan and Barty.

Evan was tolerable- Barty however... we don't have the best history. But I was trying.

"Any of you want a drink?"

I looked up to see a girl I knew as Dorcas. She was around at times but for the most part she kept to herself. She only started talking to us more because her and Evan became potions partners. She was gorgeous. She had long brown locs and her style was very different from the other slytherin girls. Which I loved.

"I'll take one," I replied and she nodded giving me a slight smile.

"She is so gorgeous," Barty commented.

"Can't believe I'm saying this but I agree with you on that one," I replied.

"What's her story?" Regulus asked looking where Dorcas once stood.

"She's a pureblood-"

"I don't recall a Meadows in the sacred 28," Regulus commented.

"She took her Mother's maiden name. But she's bright. Nasty attitude. Love it," Barty smirked.

"Interested Black? I could see if she feels the same," Evan teased.

"Oh- what? No no It's fine-" Regulus stammered removing his arm from around Klara.

Klara glanced at him curiously and I was dreading not having a cup to drink from right now.

"Black is saying no? That's a first," Barty laughed.

"Gee. Thanks," Regulus groaned.

"Alright easy boys let him breathe. Let the diseases drain out before he starts hopping like a rabbit again alright?" I spoke up making the boys laugh but they did drop the topic.

Dorcas came back and took a single chair before handing me my drink. I took it and smiled taking a sip.

"Nice- thank you," I told her.

"No problem," she replied. "Do any of you want to dance?"

"I think Reg does," Barty immediately said.

Regulus looked at him viciously and I choked on my drink laughing. Dorcas got to her feet and stood in front of Regulus.

"Lovely. Let's go Black," she said simply letting her hand out.

Regulus released a breath and passed his blunt to me. He grabbed Dorcas hand and got to his feet. She led him to the dance floor and I looked at Klara watch them with a serious expression.

Oh god.

I looked at Evan who looked at me at the same time and we both awkwardly sipped our drinks ignoring the scene that unfolded. Severus came over to us and sighed deeply throwing himself on the couch.