Chapter 34

Sirius

There was a tap at the window and I raised my head to look to see my family owl. I sighed and got to my feet dragging myself across the room. I opened the window and took the letter from it's beak. The owl immediately flew off and I closed the window behind me reading the front of the envelope.

Mother & Father

To Sirius

I released a sigh and James came into the room. I threw myself onto the bed and James collapsed onto his playing with his snitch.

"Where's Moony and Wormtail?" I asked.

"Moony is with Klara somewhere and Peter is on a date with Marlene," he replied.

"I'm sorry- Peter is where?" I asked in shock.

"Yea him and Marlene really hit it off. He asked her out this morning," James smiled.

"Wow. Way to go Pete," I replied nodding impressed.

""What's that you got there?" James asked.

"Letter from my parents," I sighed opening it.

Son,

We hope Hogwarts is treating you well. We are reaching out to inform you of Bellatrix and Rodolphus' wedding that is quickly approaching. It is in two weeks and we would like to extend the invite to your intended and her brother. Please give her the invitation attached. I will be sending you your robes within the week as soon as I have them properly washed. Sirius ... please fix that mop of hair of yours. If not I will gladly chop it off. We are looking forward to meeting her sooner than expected.

Yours truly,

Mother & Father

I read the letter over a million times and I stood in silence.

"Everything alright?" James asked.

"This is the first letter I've received from them after my sorting. And... they wished me well," I frowned.

"Ok?" James replied confused.

"They don't.. they don't that. Not with me. I guess Cissy was right. Things would be more peaceful if I just played along." I sighed.

"Padfoot I'm really happy that your mother and father are showing signs of parental moments but ... I hope you and Sassy don't lose yourselves in the process."

"Why would you even say that? I'm just trying to-"

"Be at peace. I know. Trust me I understand-"

"No you don't Prongs. No offense but your family is so different from ours. Yes you're a pureblood but your parents separated themselves. You don't understand the pressure-"

"Sirius it doesn't matter. I love you and Sassy and I just don't want you guys to ... be caged. You're a free spirit Sirius and it's one of the reasons we became best friends. You spoke your mind and you were fun. I don't want them to take that away from you because you have to act like someone you're not," James said.