Chapter 11

Samantha

I sat on the railing of the window outside of the slytherin common room entrance and looked at the stars. I wasn't ready to go inside just yet.

I heard footsteps approach me and from the corner of my eye I can make out Sirius' body standing next to me. We both stood in silence and looked at the sky together.

"I'm sorry Samantha," he finally said.

"It's ok."

"I didn't .. I didn't know you ..."

"It's fine. Sirius truly it's fine," I sighed. I waited for her to say something but nothing came. "Is it true?"

"About me liking you?" He asked.

"Yes," I managed to say and I can see him look at me from the corner of my eye.

Damn it be brave.

I turned my head to look at him and he looked frightened. He released a sigh and made his way next to me on the railing. He sat down next to me and slowly reached for my hand. Intertwining our fingers he held my hand on his lap and I can feel the warmth rise up on my neck.

"I do like you. Just.. it's complicated Sam. It's so hard to explain.. I just.. it will be so hard to be with me-"

"Sirius if you came to reject me the least you can do is not make up excuses," I sighed pulling my hand from his grasp.

I climbed back over the railing and made my way to the entrance.

"Samantha I'm not making any excuses! I do like you but I can't-"

"Why not? God I feel pathetic- I shouldn't have to plead-"

"You're not pathetic! It's just not as easy-"

"It is Sirius. You either want to be with me or you don't! Why can't you just ever make a decision-"

"Not everything is black and white!" He argued.

"It's a simple decision! Yes or no! That's it!" I yelled and he clenched his jaw shut looking away. "I don't care about what it may cost me. I just want you."

"Sam I am so sorry," he choked. "It's not that easy. You don't deserve this."

"Yea... you're right. I don't. Good night Sirius."

James

I laid back on my bed playing with the snitch quietly. Remus was reading a book while Peter drew into a sketchbook.

"How do you think things are going?" Peter asked.

"I don't know. Samantha can be hardheaded and Sirius is the biggest overthinker on the planet," I sighed.

"How those two caught feelings are beyond me," Peter snorted.

"It's not surprising though," Remus contrasted making us look at him.

"How so?" Peter asked.

"Well they both come from toxic households. They have similar fears and trauma that helps them understand each other in some deeper way than the rest of us. They both are protective and fierce in everything they do. They have the same humor. Sure Sam is best friends with James and you two definitely have the craziest bond I've ever seen. Those two though? With everything they've gone through... they need each other. I wouldn't be surprised if they're written in the fucking stars," Remus replied and Peter gave him a small smile.