Chapter 58

Remus

The door closed behind James and Sam and I waited a few moments to make sure they were away to not hear. Sirius dropped his book and looked over at me with softer eyes.

"What the Fuck was that?" I asked.

Sirius took in a deep breath and leaned forward.

"Do not make me ask again," I warned.

"I- I was attacked over summer," Sirius said quietly and my face fell.

"Come again?"

"What- who-" Peter spat.

"They tried to initiate me in the cult- to be his follower- I said no-"

"Woah woah- and they attacked you-"

"I almost died. Broken ribs. Collapsed lung. Bruises everywhere," Sirius said staring at the ground.

"How the fuck are you here right now?" I asked.

"I'm sorry mate- shit-" Peter gasped slouching his seat.

"Regulus put me in the floo and sent me to James."

"And you broke up with Sam why?" I asked.

"I denied them. Lucius and Severus are still protecting her. If she's involved with me she'll die."

There was a heavy silence and I sucked my teeth. I shook my head and ran my hands through my face.

"Sirius- you can't take that choice away from her-" Peter began.

"No. Because she'll choose wrong-"

"She'll choose you!" I yelled interrupting Sirius.

"I'm not worthy! She will not out herself in harms way for me- I'm nothing- it's not worth it-"

"That's not true," Peter frowned at Sirius' words.

"Shit Sirius. You broke her heart. Things will never be the same," I spat out.

"Good," He replied and got to his feet.

"Sirius- wait-"

"I can't-" he choked out and ran up the stairs.

-

I opened the door and saw Klara laying on her bed reading a book. I smiled at her and she dropped her book and sat up

"Hey," she greeted.

I walked over to her bed and crawled on top of it collapsing my head on her lap. Her fingers combed through my hair and I held onto her tightly.

"I'm assuming they caught you up on the drama?" Klara asked.

"Sirius dumped Sassy in front of me Peter and James," I replied. "I told James to take Sassy out and that's when Sirius told me everything."