Chapter 52

Samantha

I was curled into a ball on my bed with Severus sitting on the edge of my mattress. Klara was sitting against her headboard in silence.

"I'm not good at comforting," Severus said.

"It means a lot for you to even be here Sev," I replied.

Severus nodded at me and Klara continued to stare blankly at her lap. The door swung open and we looked to see Remus come in. Klara looked at him and she immediately broke into tears. Remus kicked off his shoes and climbed into the bed with her. Severus put a look of disgust and I smirked at his reaction.

"It's ok- You can go Sev," i reassured.

"Thank Merlin. I'll see you at breakfast," he said quickly getting to his feet.

He opened the door and James was standing there about to knock. Severus slowly turned towards me and I sat up alarmed.

"I- I was about to knock-" James stammered.

"It's fine. Come in," I replied and Severus rolled his eyes.

"Snivellus," James greeted stepping inside.

"Potter try not to contaminate the room," Severus casually said walking out the door.

It closed behind him and James stood in the middle of the room. I got off my bed and went to him. He quickly pulled me in a hug and I relaxed in his embrace.

"What's happening?" He asked.

I released him and brought him to my bed to sit. Remus and Klara were cuddled in Klaras bed and Klara and I exchanged looks.

"My brother- he got involved with the people who are in charge of the attacks. He was branded by force. In front of us-"

"On his wedding day?" James gasped.

"Yes. It was... hard," Klara continued and she rested her head on Remus' shoulder.

"Is there anything else?" James asked looking at me.

"I think... I think Sirius and I will be next-"

"What-"

"Hold on," I said sternly and James sighed. "They're very interested in me. And Sirius... he's the heir. He's a powerful wizard."

There was a heavy silence and James took my hand.

"What will you do? If it comes down to it?" James asked.

"I don't know anymore. I can't blame Sirius for not wanting to go through with it- it wasn't the plan and it's mental-"

"But he's not naive. We all knew it would probably lead to that point," Remus added.

"He didn't think it through. What would you do Sassy?" James asked again.

"I don't think the same as him," I admitted and my chest cave in. "My brother is being led to that lifestyle. Klara- Regulus- I can't- I can't risk any of them getting hurt for not obliging-"