Chapter 59

Samantha

I walked through the door to my room and I was immediately face to face with Severus. I looked over at Klara and she was sitting on her bed cross legged staring straight ahead of her. Tears stained her cheeks and her face was puffy and red. Regulus stood against the wall and clenched his jaw.

"It's been ... a very rough fucking day. Whatever this is-"

"Sister we have to talk-"

"I don't want to talk- I'm not in the fucking mood-"

"They're collecting you." Severus sighed.

I let out a strangled groan and slammed the door behind me. I took a few steps in and crossed my arms over my chest.

"As you know- Sirius has stepped down on his responsibilities-"

"Yea I got the message loud and clear on that one what else?" I spat angrily.

"They are still interested in you. I've heard back from Lucius- they want you to go to Malfoy Manor during Christmas break to test you out," Severus explained.

"Why are they still interested in me- fuck man-"

"To be honest Sirius was obligation. You were... intriguing to them. Especially being that we're twins and-"

"You're one of them," I finished.

Severus met my stare in almost a challenge and he sighed. "Not yet."

"Anything else?" I pushed.

"With Sirius out the picture you have to-"

"No," I immediately spat.

"Sister it's custom-"

"I said no! I- I can't-" I panicked.

"I- I have ... I have a question for you," Severus said.

"Be very careful-"

"Potter is a pureblood correct?"

The silence in the room was strong. Practically unbearable. Klara now showed a sign of life and her eyes widened at Severus.

"Are you insane?" I managed to choke out.

"I'm just saying- I think he would be-"

"I don't give a fuck! James would- he would do it with his annoying hero complex but I would never ask him nor want that for him! Fuck Severus how dare you even bring it up-"

"The boy loves you!-"

"I don't care! I love him too and I would never ask him to give up his life for this-"

"You asked Sirius-"

"Sirius asked me and backed out," I snarled.

"Potter wouldn't-"

"I don't care. It's not an option. James is not an option. And I can't believe you of all people are suggesting-"