Chapter 28

Sirius

James and Lily ran after Sassy and I released a long breath.

"Sirius don't even think about it," Remus said.

"I got a few words-"

"Sirius think about Sam. I know you're angry but this is between them-"

"Remus this is my business. She's my business," I spat and Remus sighed walking back into the common room.

Peter gave me a nod and said, "I got your back."

I returned the nod and we both marched down the corridor. We walked quickly in the direction of the slytherin common room and we caught them as they were approaching their doorway.

"Snape!" I called making all of them stop in their tracks.

Klara widened her eyes at me and Regulus pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration. Severus took several steps towards me and punched me right in the face. I stumbled to the side and Regulus quickly stood in the middle of us. Peter had his wand pointed at Severus and Regulus stared him down as if daring for him to do something.

"You couldn't at least be a fucking gentleman and not have her visibly marked?!" Severus yelled.

I took in a deep shaky breath and met his stare once more cracking my neck. I clenched my fists tightly and stared him down.

"How you try to control her isn't right Severus-"

"I'm trying to fucking protect her-"

"I don't want her in danger either!"

"So leave her alone!" Snape hissed.

"She doesn't belong with all of you-"

"Yes she does," Lucius said interrupting. "We've had our eyes set on her for a while now. She's a slytherin and values our house views."

"Absolutely not- I know what you all stand for- she is nothing like all of you-"

"Sirius we have our eyes set on you too," Narcissa said stepping forward. Lucius widened his eyes at her but stood back to let her speak. "Think about it cousin. You have feelings for her-"

"I love her," I corrected.

"Then prove it. Claim her and you both would be untouchable. Our family will protect you- that's all I want for us-"

"To live a lie? like- like puppets? I won't Cissy-"

"Sirius please. I can't lose you either. Think about me- about Bella- Regulus your own brother- we can't lose you too," she frowned with her eyes glistening.

I swallowed down my emotions and blinked back the tears in my eyes. I took Dromeda's departure rather hard especially since I've tried to reach out and every single letter has been resent. Severus took another step towards me and he was shaking in anger.

"What do I need to do?" I asked and Narcissa released a breath of relief.

Klara's mouth dropped open and she shook her head in disbelief. Regulus clenched his jaw and looked at the ground. Lucius however looked very much pleased.