Chapter 14

Klara

"Ready to wake him?" Sam asked and I gave her a confident nod.

We walked over to Remus and she kneeled in front of him. Being closer to him had my heart racing and I felt a little emotional even. He was in broken clothing and there was a lot of dry blood upon his skin.

Shit he was just a kid.

Samantha softly rubbed his arm soothingly to wake him. "Remus. It's time to get up. It's over."

He groaned to himself and his eyes fluttered open. He tried to move but hissed in pain immediately.

"No no. Relax. Dont move." Samantha demanded and he relaxed once more. "Someone .. Is here to help."

His eyes completely opened more aware and he frantically looked at her. His eyes met mine and his eyes widened in alarm.

"No-" he croaker but Sam waved him down.

"Hey It's ok. It's ok... she wants to help," she reassured.

"I almost- I attacked you-"

"No you didn't. It's ok," I quickly said kneeling in front of him.

My hand rested on his knee and he stared at it. I looked at Sam and nodded at her. She reached behind her and handed me the bag of supplies.

"You know how to clean and heal right?" She asked.

"Yes. The boys get rough during matches," I replied.

"Ok Well I'll leave you to it. Be careful," she said giving me a small smile.

Sam got to her feet and went to help the boys pick up the room from all of the damage. I opened the bag and took out some gloves first quickly putting them on. I met eye contact with Remus and he looked at his lap obviously very upset.

"Hey," i said calling his attention.

His eyes darted up and they were so full of emotion. They looked like tears were ready to spill out at any second. I sighed at him and gripped both of his hands in my own.

"It's ok. Im fine and i want to be here," I reassured.

"I could've killed you-"

"But you didn't. And it wasn't you. So don't start that bull shit with me," I warned and he huffed under his breath.

A tear slipped from his eye and i carefully cupped the side of his face swiping my thumb to wipe it. His eyes met mine once more and his face softened at my touch.

"Can you please let me help you?" I asked.

"Why do you want to help?" He asked barely over a whisper.

"I care about you. We're not the closest but ... our conversation really hit home. You were there for me. It's my turn yea?" I smiled softly running my fingers into his hair.

"I don't want to hurt you," he frowned.

"You're not Remus. Now stay still and close your eyes. Let me heal you," I pleaded massaging the back on his neck.