Chapter 51

Regulus

Klara burst through the doors of the slytherin common rooms and I was trying to keep up. Once I walked through, I was relieved to find it empty. Klara kicked off her heels and she ran her fingers through her hair in frustration.

"Klara."

She didn't answer. I could tell she was scared. Her body was trembling from where I was standing.

"Klara- talk to me love-"

She spun to look at him and tears were slipping down her face.

"What am I supposed to say?" She spat out. "I didn't sign up for this shit-"

"I know- I know- that's what I've been afraid of- I knew we were going to be dealing with things darker than what our parents had to deal with-"

"No. Just- no. I was supposed to be married off to keep the bloodline pure. Not be involved in this fucking mess- fuck- we're next-"

I stepped closer to her and grabbed her arms cautiously. She was still shaking and i was rubbing them up and down trying to calm her down in any way I can.

"Darling what can I do?" I whispered.

Her lip began trembling and deep inside I  already knew the answer. I took in a deep breath and nodded.

"I'll get him-"

"No- it's ridiculous- you don't have to-" she immediately started but I shook my head at her.

"Klara. I'll go get him. Whatever you need," I mumbled releasing her.

I quickly turned away from her and walked towards the door.

"Why do you seem bothered?" She asked and I froze.

"Pardon?" I asked looking over my shoulder.

"Does it bother you to get him? You seem rather put off-"

"Don't. It's been a long day. Of course I'm not particularly jumping for joy right now-"

"Are you sure that's it?" She asked and she stared intensely at me.

I immediately brought my walls up and I can see her eyebrows scrunch up together.

"Just a long day love. I'll be back," I nodded and she pressed her lips into a line before giving me a stiff nod.

I quickly went out the door and I pressed my back against the wall. I let out the air I was holding in my chest and I scrunched my eyes shut trying to calm myself down.

"Reg?"

I opened my eyes to see Samantha holding her heels. She didn't particularly look well either.

"Sorry- Klara is inside-"

"Why aren't you in there with her?" She asked.

"I'm getting Remus."

The silence was heavy in between us and she frowned at me.