Chapter 6

A/N: the story will stretch now! Storyline begins when they are 15. Hope you enjoyyy!

Samantha

"Wait. So you and Potter have been hooking up all year long and you tell me this NOW?" Lily questioned.

We were eating snacks while a random muggle movie was playing in the background. It was the night before we had to head out for school and we were doing our eyebrows, facials and our nails. Bless Lily for bringing out my girly side.

I saw Severus a few times over the summer. It was harder now than ever to get out the house since I moved out. It's like Father wanted to make sure he didn't do the same. Whether he liked to admit it or not he needed us to survive. But now that I'm out, all he has is Severus.

Now Severus... he's changed so much. It hurts. He's always been a grump and serious but now... he's impatient and... cold. At least when he was annoying it always had a sense of warmth of protection. Now? It's like he's on edge. All. The time.

"Not hooking up. Just... snogging. And touching. But nothing more than that. We stop before we-"

"What happened to not fancying him, Snape?" Lily teased raising an eyebrow.

"I don't fancy him. It's not like that-"

"So please explain it to me then," Lily said leaning against her headboard.

"You're impossible. James and I are just ... using each other in a way. For comfort," I explained frowning to myself.

"Comfort for what?" She asked.

"Until the people we actually like get a fucking clue," I groaned.

Silence.

"So he's using you... until I so called give him a chance? Are you both mad-"

"I'm also using him. We spoke on it, it's not as bad as it sounds out loud I promise. James and I love each other but not in that way. He's in love with- .... You know.. and I'm in love with someone else," I said.

"Well he has no luck on his part. I hate to break it to you. But.. Who are you in love with? Remus?" She asked.

"Gods no. I love Remus and all but no way. He's literally my brother," I laughed.

"So who?" She asked. "I mean.. I honestly have been suspecting Sir-"

"I don't want to talk about it. Can you let it go?" I asked laying on my back.

"For now."

-

Lily and I walked side by side down the platform trying to hurry up inside. Due to traffic we barely even made it on time. Lily and I dropped off our bags and we ran to the next open entrance. Once inside we caught our breath and leaned against the wall.

"That was a relief," I sighed.

"Tell me about it. At least you're athletic. I truly believe I'm about to pass out," Lily said fanning herself.

"Now now Lily. I won't carry you so catch your breath," I replied fanning her as well.

"What a great friend you are," she laughed rolling her eyes.