Chapter 46

Samantha

Everyone besides the Black household left. No one said bye and the atmosphere was very intense. Mrs.Black turned to me and clapped her hands together.

"Well. That was quite eventful. I'm so sorry your engagement was followed by that horrid display."

"It's no problem- I understand the severity of the situation," I said casually.

"Hm. Very well. I'm glad you think so. Orion darling let's leave the children be. I'll like to go to bed," she replied.

"Of course. Night children," Mr.Black said nodding at us.

"Good night," Mrs Black smiled stiffly.

We all wished them a good night as well and watched them go up the stairs. Once we heard the door clicked I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding in. I looked over at Regulus and he ran a hand through his face. Sirius continued to stare at the staircase and I was still trying to wrap my head around what happened.

"Are you ok?"

It was Regulus who asked.

"Um. Im fine- I just- will Bellatrix be alright?" I asked.

"I.. I don't know. We've never seen her in that state before," Regulus admitted.

"Well she got cursed in front of her family during dinner so it's bound to cause an emotional stir." I said flatly and Sirius winced. Regulus frowned deeper and I looked back and forth between them for a moment. "That's not the first time something like that has happened isn't it?"

Regulus looked over at Sirius who's face hardened and looked quickly at the ground. My chest twisted in itself and I grabbed Sirius hand.

"I'm sorry- I didn't know-"

"It's ok. Im.. I'm sorry. I wish you didn't have to witness something like that," Sirius sighed swallowing hard.

"It's ok. You did give me a warning on how it was here," I mumbled.

"Sam take him to bed. He's going to crash any second now," regulus said and Sirius glared at him.

"No im not-"

"Yes you are. Go upstairs Sirius and let her take care of you," regulus said sternly.

I looked at Sirius and I can see his face flush in color and his hands were shaking.

Fucking hell regulus was right.

"Baby im tired anyways. Let's go." I pushed Sirius, giving regulus a nod.

Sirius didn't say a word but let me pull him up the stairs. He was robotic as he followed me into the hall. Once we were in his room I closed the door locking it and silencing the walls. He stood right where I left him and I frowned deeply.

"Sirius. It's ok," I mumbled and he sucked in a harsh breath. My heart clenched at his pinched up face and I quickly approached him. "I'm sorry."

I pulled him in for a hug and his arms immediately wrapped themselves around me. Uneven breaths were pumping out of his mouth and I held him firm, running my hand up and down his back.