116: See you later

April 26th - Prompt: The call

----------

I'll come back, when you call me, no need to say goodbye.

"I promise you I'll come back Edmund."

Edmund stared at his Dad, tears in his eyes. "You really mean that?" He whispered.

John smiled. "I promised didn't I?" He said gently, ruffling his sons hair slightly.

Edmund sighed. "Yeah." He whispered. "But when will you come back?"

John hesitated, before shaking his head. "That I don't know." He told him. "But I will."

Edmund nodded a little. "Okay." He murmered. "Bye..."

His Dad shook his head. "No need to say goodbye." He said. "How about, see you later?"

Edmund smiled a little, and nodded. "See you later." He copied, before wrapping his arms around his Dad's neck. "I will miss you though."

John couldn't deny the fact that tears filled his eyes in that moment, and he held on to Edmund as tightly as he dared. "I'll miss you too." He breathed.

They stayed like that for ages, and even though it still wasn't long enough, John eventually pulled away. "I have to go now." He said softly.

Edmund was crying at this point, but he still took a deep, shaky breath, nodding a little as he gripped his Dad's shoulder. "I - I'll see you later." He choked.

John gave him a weak smile, nodding back. "I'll see you later."

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡