Chapter 2

Dayan ran silently next to him, he first had to process what had just happened. It was incredible. Latíz had thrown Kato onto the ground at lightning speed, something he had never seen before. Oh, that's going to be trouble. He had just made an enemy of Kato, but that didn't seem to bother him a bit. The most blatant thing had been the gap between Latíz' appearance and his words. You would never have expected something like that from him. He sighed.

"Hey, if there's trouble, I'll take that responsibility. You can distance yourself from me, then you'll be fine," his new classmate said.

What? "You don't hate me?" Dayan asked.

Surprise appeared on his face. "Why should I? You didn't do anything to me. Also, I feel like you're a decent guy," Latíz answered.

"But that didn't help, I should have protected you from the older students," Dayan said remorsefully. A bright laugh sounded, which made his heart jump.

"You're really nice. You've only known me for five hours. But that's nice of you. Then you'll be my watchdog from now on."

Joy flowed through him and with a laugh he replied: "I will, I will become your watchdog who will protect you from all dangers." Even if you're probably a hundred times stronger than me yourself.

"All right, what pay do you expect for your work?" Latíz asked with a mischievous smile.

Dayan got serious. "Your voice," he replied, without thinking.

"What?" Latíz asked in surprise.

Damn. Use your head, think before you talk. How do I get out of it? Dayan sighed. He couldn't think of anything, so it had to be the truth. "Latíz, we met fifteen years ago. You were on the playground singing. It was just beautiful."

Latíz opened his eyes. "What?! You were the kid with the wooden sword? The one who almost pissed his pants?" he asked in disbelief, bursting into a loud laugh at Dayan's puzzled expression.

"That's priceless," Latíz said as he wiped the tears from his eyes.

Dayan had turned red and had his eyes fixed on the ground.

"I agree. But only if we are alone."

What? For real? When Dayan realized what he had just heard, he too burst into loud laughter.

They went together to the playground where they had met at the time and talked extensively. Latíz had found his first friend. Somehow he had the feeling that he could trust him, which he had never felt in another person before. They lay on top of a dome and relaxed. It was quiet and only the soft sound of the wind could be heard, then Latíz opened his mouth. The melody came directly from his heart and filled the environment with its gentle sounds. Dayan closed his eyes and let himself fall.

"Fly up my little bird,

Fly up as far as possible,

But pay attention to my little bird,

Sink when the wind turns.

He flies leisurely through the window,

He sees a doll there,

Pale skin like ghosts,

Look at her silently so far away.

Next to her a small mirror,

Stretch your hand to the golden ring,

Feel over its seal,

Open your mouth and sing'.