Chapter 28 (with smut scene)

Nix stepped out of the portal and the bare walls of Astaroth's castle greeted him. Boring as always. He simply couldn't understand this minimalist style. They didn't have to color the walls, but nothing was really... boring. This time he had sent a raven to warn the gentlemen. Have I become soft? He would think about that later.

The oracle went to the meeting room, where Astaroth and Belial were already waiting for him. Neither of them were exactly pleased to see him. "Oh come on, what has bitten you again?" Nix asked with his arms crossed.

"Nothing Nix, only most of the time it's not a good omen when you come to visit."

Nix clicked his tongue. "I can leave right away," he replied in an offended voice and turned around.

"Stop the games. Astaroth didn't mean it that way," Belial said.

"But I did," Astaroth shot back.

What the hell? Is Astaroth pouting? I've never experienced him like that before. Well, I haven't met him that often, Nix thought and frowned. He sat down as far away from them as possible, because the voices were already picking up speed. This will be a short conversation... "Well, we found four of the seven items," Nix started.

"Nice, but one question, what was the action in Belphegor's area supposed to be? Right now, Hell is up in arms because the mighty oracle seems to be an overpowering demon that can take out hundreds of demons with one snap," says Astaroth.

Ah, hence the bad mood. Nix leaned forward and supported his chin with his hands. "So what?" he asked challengingly.

"Nix, hell, you have risen to become a contender for a hell throne. You don't think the other princes of hell just let it slide?" Astaroth replied angrily.

"And I ask again, so what? It is completely irrelevant because I cannot take that position. I am bound to my position until my life comes to an end. So don't piss your pants."

"Hell, oracle, that's not the point. They will hunt you down."

"They shall try," Nix said. That didn't impress him one bit.

Astaroth slowly became angry: "They won't only hunt you, but also Lyric. He will-"

Nix then gave free rein to his aura. Black shadows swirled up and filled the room. The black marks glowed on Nix' skin as he granted his inner demon some liberty. The pressure in the room increased. Nix moved towards Astaroth and looked him in the eye with his red-hot eyes. "No one touches Lyric," he growled.

Neither demon dared to breathe or move. They had never felt such a powerful presence before. From one second to the next, the shadows disappeared and his demonic presence disappeared as if they had never been there. He turned around and sat down again. "I think I've made my point clear," Nix said in a friendly voice.

What they didn't know was the handicap of his sighting abilities. Nix was very powerful in his position, the shadows were powerful and there for his protection. Without them, he might be a demon of rank B, maybe A. But his current position was worth a damp mess if others could practically knock him out with a touch.

Belial struggled for composure. Nix is more powerful than Astaroth, perhaps even more powerful than any other hell prince. But what worried him more was what triggered this demonstration of power. Lyric.

"Nix, I have to ask that. What is Lyric to you?" Belia asked. Lyric was like a son to him and at the same time his best friend. He wouldn't let anything happen to Lyric.

The oracle tilted his head. "He belongs to me," he said nothing more.

"What does that mean?" Belial replied. Is Lyric... his heart? But the curse...