Chapter 18

Lyric awoke from a dreamless sleep. The scent of Fir trees at dawn and fresh dew tickled his nose. He had really done it. The traces on Nix' skin were clear, he couldn't talk himself out of the trance he put himself in. Lyric had buried himself in this body yesterday and submitted to it. It had been centuries since he had shared such physical closeness with another being. Direct contact, friction and no restraint. No magic standing between them. Had I been too rough last night?

His inner demon had gone wild. Even now he growled. Make him yours. Then their first encounter came to his mind, but he immediately rejected the thought. Nix couldn't commit, so he was probably immune to his curse.

Does that mean I can kiss him? No, that's not possible. He wouldn't take that risk. Instead he would be content with what he got. They had already found three objects. Nix had mentioned that he had located four, so as soon as the demon woke up, they would make their way to the next one.

Lyric lovingly stroked Nix' chest, following the Oracle mark on his solar plexus. It was a transverse eye that was about two inches long and one inch wide. The shadows were only slightly visible on his skin and fled from his fingers. They don't seem to like me.

Nix looked tasty, should he get a taste of him? He approached a nipple with his mouth and gently took it into his mouth. It was so soft. He nibbled on it and reaped a soft moan, with a smile he licked over it.

"You don't have to pretend you're asleep anymore, Nix," he said, playing on the other.

"Spoilsport," came as an answer, a bit sleepily.

The rune demon interrupted his game and looked into the ruby red eyes of the oracle. "You can go on quietly," Nix said, pointing to the bump that was looming under the blanket.

"I'd like to, but we have to move on," Lyric said, making a serious face. "We should continue the search as soon as possible, I have a bad feeling." And if Lyric had a bad feeling, it was usually not a good sign.

Nix put on a pouting face but dressed without objection. He knew Lyric was right, something was in the air. His shadows were very restless.

"Where is the next item?" the rune demon asked.

Nix sat down on the chair and leaned with his chin on the back of the chair. "The next item is the bird's filler. This is in the office of a commander under Belphegor."

Belphegor? And also a commander, that wasn't good. Belphegor and Belial hated each other like the plague and the action at the ball hadn't exactly improved that.

The prince of hell cast covetous glances at Aleksander, which pleased neither Belial nor any other hellprince. Even his attack on the angel hadn't yet been forgiven, even if he still denied it. So Lao, Nero, and Sereph had witnessed how he had tried to open up Aleksander and make him his own. And this despite the fact that he was already bound. He broke every taboo, simply because he enjoyed it. Should they make a mistake and enrage the commander, it might fall back on Belial, as Belial is more or less Lyric's foster father.

"Which one exactly?" asked Lyric. Not everyone was as crazy as their hell lord.

"Pan," Nix replied.

Luckily, he is one of the normal ones.

Nix grinned. "Nix, why are you grinning?" he asked him.

"Oh, no special reason. It's going to be funny."

Nix' definition of funny he had now experienced only a few times himself and none of these situations he had perceived as 'funny.' This demon loved to get him into trouble, and that was a habit he absolutely had to get rid of. It won't go smoothly every time. However, Nix didn't seem to care. He had the time of his life and would enjoy everything to the fullest.