Follow The Rules Or Be Fools

[A/N: Kuki Hangout , yay! Gotta admit it was hard deciding which route and it came down between one of the shrine routes and the one Itto was in. With Xiao still recovering, Lumine decides to take him away to Inazuma for some R&R at Narukami Shrine. While running errands for Miko as Xiao gets some rest, Lumine and Paimon run into Shinobo. This marks the finale to this arc, I'll see you guys soon for Fantasia Arc in July.]

.........................................................

That late June morning the soft serenade of tiny finches dancing on the wind as two of them slowly came to rest in the branches of one of the well kept cypress trees at the base of the mountain. Only to fly away straight from Narukami Shrine at the sound of frightened scream. Moments later a satisified grin on the pinkette kitsune yokai's face as she left, watching three human men run for the city's direction. The gentle cascade of the electro charged cherry petals falling like rain as the shrine as always went about their daily tasks and duties. Inside deep in the shrine later was the pink kitsune called her home preforming a routine exam on her two guests. She hummed casually while just finishing up a health exam on one particular blonde.

"Well, little one I say you are good to go. I found nothing wrong."Miko grinned with a twitch of her ear.

"Good."huffed Lumine. Miko had vanished earlier while she had been washing up for the day, then came the echoing scream. "Just what were you doing Big sis. Yae?"she thought curiously.

"And Xiao?"Paimon wondered as the girls looked over to the ailing dark haired boy tucked in safe and snug in the futon not far away.

"He'll make a full recovery too. His mask, as I told you darling, must be protected. That's your task as his mate, nobody but you may touch it."Miko explained smoothly walking over to the yaksha's side. The young adeptus lay unconscious and still plagued by a violent fever. But it had been a few days since they had arrived, and since then much of his mask had been restored. The kitsune reached out to touch it to prove a point, only to get zapped by the energy Zhongli had placed to help help mend it.

"It really zapped you!?"gaped Lumine.

"Mhmm~! See what I mean? Seems Morax-sama made it so only you can touch it. Anybody else gets a nasty shock."Miko then went over and grabbed what looked like some odd invention from Fontaine before setting it down and pressing a switch, a cool mist with faint trace of the scent of lavender filling the room. "Do you mind heading out to the city, little one?"she asked. Lumine grew curious as Xiao began to relax.

"What for and what exactly did you do, Miko? What's that weird thingy-mabob you just used?"Paimon wondered.

"Looks like some device from Fontaine."Lumine noted. "But whatever it's doing it seems to be helping him so I'm not going to complain."

"It is indeed, yes. It's got incense that'll keep him relaxed while you're out and the mist is made from mist flowers, it'll help his fever for now."she explained.

"So what do you need?"Lumine asked. Miko offers a sly grin that could spell trouble for the blonde mother-to-be's poor wallet.

 Miko offers a sly grin that could spell trouble for the blonde mother-to-be's poor wallet