A Game of Hawk And Snake

A/N: Dottore for now seems to have given up on getting Lumine and the unborn twins, an urgent order from Snezhnaya forces him to leave to Dehya and Xiao's delight. Or...has he really given up or has this become a game of hawk vs snake!? Enjoy the song for Dottore.

She'll be gone
I can feel that my powers are slowly returning
Tie my sash and a dash of cologne for that spell
As the pieces fall into place
I'll see her crawl into place
Do Svidaniya, Anya, Your Grace Farewell!

~"In The Dark of The Night" Anastasia movie

..................

Well that had been...interesting.

It seemed that the barrier was one big chaotic space and what's more it deceived all that upon first glance. The instant they had tried to tamper with it, hydro mimics had appeared at various corners forming the five cardinal beasts of Inazuman and Liyuelite culture. Those were but a...nuisance. He dealt with them rather swiftly along with the electro cicin mage he had brought with him. The male blue haired scientist scowled in frustration as he dusted himself off as he went over his results in his head.

The Ruins of Dahri, said to be the cradle where all language originated from in Teyvet. One of the many places Time had once occupied according to his findings. So why would that bird adeptus pick there of all places to hide the Traveler? It was perplexing. Sure there was a small irminsul sapling at the heart of it that the yaksha race seemed to favor. An amused grin of satisfaction as realization began to creep in.

"Of course,"he chuckled. "You just got more intriguing, ma chère."

"Sir?"wondered one of his men in curiosity.

"Quiet. Do not disturb me fool! Continue investigating the barrier I must depart to tie up a few loose ends before I return to her majesty's side."hissed the second of the Fatui Harbingers. A grin on his face as he climbed back up the path to stop in front of the barrier. His men bowed as they got to work.

"Ma chère~! Oh ma chère Lumine I know you're within that barrier. Won't you speak with me?"called out Dottore in amusement.

Lumine indeed was watching after getting Collei to rest after a small fit from her eleazar. Lumine's eyes had completely changed since she connected to Yggdrasil, the precautionary illusionary seal over her eyes gone. The distinct clock-like ring in her irises and the Khaenrian star shaped pupils had startled Collei. No doubt it will startle everyone that sees her again but she'd worry later. As she listened to what Xiao and Dehya were doing right now. Seems Xiao and Dehya had reached out to Tighnari about the very same man in front of her camp's abode. "Arrogant, greedy man."she thought with a scowl as she tapped her foot and a wave of crystal lashed out at Dottore and sent his men flying. Some crystals even killed some of his men.

"Now, no need to be so cold ma chère. I am but a scholar, so let us speak."Dottore stated, easily shattering the crystals of geo without batting an eye.

Lumine frowned as she lifted her hand to lay it flat in the air as dendro energy began to glow from her hand with electro before moving it in a circle. "You want to talk so badly, 'Icarus'? Here's my answer: Leave, Dottore!! Because if you don't you're not getting what you want today."came her voice echoing around Dottore from outside the barrier.

"Dimensional voice projection? Most intriguing. Ku ku ku~! You aren't human are you, ma chère?"hummed Dottore in growing interest and amusement.

"Hm, I won't prove your theory correct but I won't disprove it either. For how can you comprehend something that even the gods fear? Now go away!!"Lumine hummed before letting out a harsh snarl, vicious strong winds tossing them off the mountain. Dottore bracing himself further down before leaning down to pick up his mask to put back over crimson eyes. No matter, he was out of time and had to depart for Port Ormos now. But his interest in the Traveler just kept growing and growing.