Chapter 54 Prom Royalty

Ross' Pov

Just parked the car and I looked at Laura. She was leaning forward, stating at the school doors, decorated with hundreds of blinking lights. This was her work, making the school Prom perfect.

Ross: take it all in, be proud. (I said while linking our hands)

She smiled and closed her eyes for a moment. She then looks at me. If you ever get sick of me thinking that we kept smiling then get off my head. Smiling was one of the best things in the world. Especially if you see it from one of the people you love.

Ross:ready?

She nodded.

Laura: ready.

I wouldn't want this night to be all but moments. So I decided that i'll tease her tonight from time to time, just to keep things interesting.

Ross: will "ready" be our always?

She slightly laughed and slapped me playfully. She would really hate my "The Fault In Our Stars" reference as its sometimes gets cheesy. But I know she loves it.

I let go of her hand and got out the car. Slightly running to her side and opened the door. Like the usual gentlemen move, I lowered my body into a bow as I reached out my hand to her.

Ross: shall we?

She gladly took my hand and slowly got out the car.

Laura: we shall.

I closed the door and linked our arms together. We then started walking to the entrance while staring and smiling at each other

Ross: Im gonna give you, the time of your life.

But curiously, there was something in her smile that I couldn't get out of my head. I've been seeing it for a couple of days now.

We got in the school and walked straightly to the gym. I couldn't help but think, whats bugging her. Cause its bugging me now too. We made it near the gym doors as there was a line, a photo booth.

Ross: wanna take a picture? Or... Just walk right in the gym?

She thought for a while. She looked down for a second and back to me with a smile.

Laura: Lets take a picture.

I agreed with her and we fall in line. Standing in front of us was some of the people we know.

Rob:OH HEY! Look its the Prom king and Queen!

Me and Laura looked at each other and back to them.

Ross: uh dude, we're not Prom king and queen.

Both Rob and her date Sarah laughed.

Sarah: not yet, but We'll be voting for you two.

We didn't really know how to reply to that. I mean come on right? We don't want to show our cocky side. Which I'm very good at if you could tell from the past.

Laura:oh... Well, There are other good couples too.

Ross: yeah, I mean what about you guys?

They slightly laughed at us for a minute.

Sarah: oh come on, you two are like Romeo and Juliet.

Oh gosh is she really bringing this up. Word kinda spread that our love story is like Romeo and Juliet, you know... Because we call each other that. And that we have balconies which are like 5 inches apart.

Laura: well we will just have to wait and see.

They both nodded and soon it was their turn for the photo booth. Im definitely voting for them. Those two are really cute together. Next to me and Laura of course. They snapped a picture and soon now it was our turn.