Chapter 8

I don't know what went through my head to send her that text

I don't know what went through my head to send her that text. Asking her if she was ok was one thing, but asking if I should come over was completely different. That is something a close friend would ask like Riley and Mac, or a boyfriend. I wasn't either yet. I knew something was wrong though becuase she didn't answer us right away and she seemed distracted by something.

***

It was finally Friday and this meant it was a shorter practice and it was the day the weekend started. I woke up at 6:30 and for some reason I just couldn't get her out of my head no matter how hard I tried. It was becoming a real problem. I slowly began the walk to my closet to throw on a pair of shorts aloong with a simple red shirt, along with my shoes.

After I was done getting dressed, I was about to head out the door until I passed by my mirror on my wall

After I was done getting dressed, I was about to head out the door until I passed by my mirror on my wall. I normally never do this, believe me, but today with the chance of seeing her, I wanted to make sure my hair looked good today. As I was moving my hair around, I heard a small laugh come from my doorway.

"You know, if your trying to impress a girl, try not being avalible," Mason said to me. What was he talking about. Was I trying to impress Mallory? I think I was.

"What are you talking about," I turned to ask him.

"You never fix your hair before school, so this only means that you have someone to impress," Mason stated.

"Have you ever thought that I want to look nice for once," I tried to play it off cool as I started to walk to the kitchen.

I had just gotten out of my room and walked down the stairs into the foey, which lead to the kitchen only to be greated by my lovely mother.

"Hello sweetboy, how did you sleep," my mom asked.

"I slept pretty good," I said as I started to eat the toast she had put in front of me.

"Well that's good, hey me and your dad are going out tonight so if you do anything I want you to take your brother ok," my mom informed me.

"But mom, what if Mason doesn't want to do want I want to do," I complained.