Chapter 55

It's been weeks since the accident and we're still in the hospital

It's been weeks since the accident and we're still in the hospital. I've just started physical therapy for my leg and it's a bitch.

I stop by her room every day and every night talking to her, filling her in on my therapy and how she's doing. But she still hasn't woken up. Her episode three weeks ago, caused her heart to stop leaving dead for about 5 minutes.

Those 5 minutes I spent banging my already damaged head against a wall. I couldn't accept the fact that she was gone. That she was leaving me.

It was when Dr. Morgan walked into the room with a saddened look on her face telling me she had pulled through. I promised I would never do anything to let her go again.

Now here I am walking the halls slowly as I pass all the doctors and nurses. I see other patients in their rooms, some in worse shape than me but I always make a stop at her room.

"Hey baby. I just finished my therapy for the day so I have the rest of the night to spend with you, well until Doctor Buzzkill tells me I need to get some rest." I let my hand lay on top of hers as I listen to the sounds of the monitors behind beep at an even rhythm. w

"It's been three weeks baby. I need you to wake up, I can't keep doing this. Seeing you lying in bed not moving, It breaks my heart. I will be with you forever no matter if you stay asleep for the rest of that time, I will always be here with you." A tear I didn't know was there, falls from my eyes and onto her tan skin.

My eyes squeeze shut trying to wake up from this horrible nightmare. "I love you," the words are soft and horse, but I don't miss them. My head shoots up and immediately sees her deep blues starting to slowly flutter open. "What," I ask not believing that this is real. "Your stupid." Her tired eyes meet mine and she flashes me that smile that makes me melt.

"You scared the hell outta me," I gently, but urgently wrap her in my arms making sure not to hurt her body. "How do you think I felt." I laugh through the tears that are escaping like water through a broken dam. "Never do that to me again. I need you in my life Mallory." I press a kiss to the side of her beautiful head.

"I'll try not to." I can hear the tears in her voice as I continue to blubber like a baby, but I don't have a care in the world since I'm here still holding the love of my life in my arms.

"I'm sorry to interrupt this moment here, but Ms. Wells we need to do some routine tests before you do any celebrating." A stuffy looking doctor walks into her practically pushing me out of the way of my girl. "Sir, you probably shouldn't be here." I give him a look as if to say are you kidding me. "I'm not going anywhere." I say plainly to Doctor Ass chewer.

"Alright then. Ms. Wells during your procedures we came across multiple internal injuries that seemed to have been there for sometime now. On some of your X-rays, we found many more bruises that most likely have been healing for a long time." My eyes go to Mallory's and I see the color drain from her face as the senseless doctor continues to run his idiotic mouth.