Chapter 26

It has been a very long time since I have been to downtown Nashville, and I'd say coming back here with the right people by my side made it an even better return

It has been a very long time since I have been to downtown Nashville, and I'd say coming back here with the right people by my side made it an even better return. Especially having the girl that was currently being swallowed by the crowd of people by my side.

She looked so beautiful in that dress, so breathtaking. I almost forgot that we were in the middle of a crowded city being pushed and bumped all over the place.

"Where do you guys want to go," I heard Connor ask over the noise of the swarm of people around us.

"Somewhere with food, drinks and dancing," Mallory said from beside me.

"There's this really cool place just up a few blocks. It's got food, drinks, line dancing, and maybe if we're lucky, hot chicks," Connor slapped Josh on the head after he said this so proudly.

"Keep it up and you won't have a hot chick in bed with you tonight," Mac said while beginning her walk down the sidewalk towards the bar.

The girls hurried to join their friend while we stayed back a few feet to knock some sense into our friend.

"What the hell is the matter with you," Connor scolded him while smacking him upside the head.

"Mac is a great girl, why are you trying to ruin things," I stepped in front of him so he could take it what I was saying.

"Nothing, I know she's great trust me. She's too great," I almost wasn't able to catch the last part of what he was saying.

"What are you talking about. Too great," Connor took the words right out of my mouth.

"I just think that if I did ask her out, she might just turn me down since I'm not good enough for her," Josh admitted to us while staring down at the ground in front of him.

"Dude you have got to be kidding yourself. You're a great guy that any girl would want to be with, and you know what I'm gonna prove it," with one look I knew what Connor was planning, and so I went with him. Grabbing Josh by both of his arms, Connor and I led him over towards where the girls had been waiting.

"Mac, Josh has something he wants to ask you," Connor said while giving Josh a small push towards the confused girl.

"Yes," Mac asked sounding more confused.

"Um, I-uh-Would-um-I-uhh," Josh struggled to form a sentence, let alone would he be able to ask her out.

"Oh just spit it out you moron," Connor said from beside Riley.

"Will you go out with me," it was almost said so fast, I didn't think Mac heard what he had said.

"It's about damn time you asked me, now come here idiot," she said while grabbing Josh by his shirt and pulling him into to her lips.

"Yayyyy," Riley started to clap watching the new couple decor each others faces.

"Ok, now that everyone is with everyone, let's go have some fun," I gave a small glance over in Mallory's direction at Connor's words.