Epilogue

*5 years later*

*5 years later*

College went by in a flash.

Riley and I ended up both going to Texas on a scholarship for softball. Riley ended up majoring in Fashion and Design and me in Nursing. I wanted to make sure I could help those who were being abused and help them gain a voice.

The boys and Mac all went to Ole' Miss together. Connor and Riley stayed together through it all, even the long distance. I wish I could say Ryan and I made it, but we ended up breaking up during our sophomore years.

Josh and Mac actually tied the knot our Junior year and invited us all to the wedding. Me being one of her bridesmaids and Ryan one of the groomsmen, we ended up reconnecting.

We started out talking a little at a time, until it became every night and every day. By then we were just kidding ourselves and we got back together. Ryan actually went on and got called by the Huston Astros and is now one of their star players.

I made sure I could go to everyone of his games, cheering him on, wearing his jersey.

And here he is cheering me on as I walk across the stage to accept my diploma. I never thought that after everything I've been through, I would look up into the stands and see my mom, looking better than ever and happier than I have seen her in a long time, and the guy I never thought I would like, let alone come to love. But love has a funny way of sneaking into your heart. It can be at the most unexpected times, and even with an unexpected person.

Loving Ryan Shaw was never something I saw myself doing. But being able to love him, that's the greatest surprise I could have ever asked for.

***

"Where are we going." I'm sitting in Ryan's truck as he drives us somewhere he said was a surprise. "I told you already, it's a surprise." I try to pick at the blind food that's currently covering my eyes, but my hand is grabbed and brought down to my lap.

"You're killing me here." I feel the truck come to a stop and hear his door shut. I have to wait a minute before I feel a gust of wind hit my side and a hand wrap up in mine. "Come on pretty lady." I'm carefully placed on a gravel ground before he pulls us into what feels like a field.

"You can take off your blind fold."

Just as I take off the blind fold I hear the opening notes to Thomas Rhetts Marry Me play from the speakers that are held on the high fences. I take in the sight in front of me. This is the field I went to practice, and the field I knew I loved him.

Lilles are scattered all over the field with candles lighting a path for me. "Well don't just stand there, get over here." I run as fast as I can towards him, jumping into his arms. He holds me to him, spinning us before setting me back down onto the ground.

"Mallory Grace Wells. From the moment I saw you I knew I was going to marry you. You were the only girl that wanted to play kickball with us boys, and I thought you were out of your mind. I will always remember the words you said to me. Because you know what, there're true. You're not like the other girls, you're so much more. Your heart is as pure as it gets, you have kindness to give to everyone, you also have anger to give to everyone who deserves it. You're everything I have ever wanted. You're the answer to my every prayer, With you I am a better person. I want to continue to be a better man for you Mallory. You're my light in the darkness, You're my strength when I'm weak, and the Kimberly Willams to my Brad Paisley. I want to raise our kids to have your strength, your kindness, and your heart. I want you for the rest of my life Mallory Grace. Will you Marry Me."

He drops to his knee before pulling out a gorgeous square cut yellow halo diamond.

My tears are falling like Niagara Falls and they aren't stopping.

"Yes of course I'll marry you." He picks me up in his arms, spinning us around. I place my hands on either side of his face and pull his lips to mine. "You're it for me Mallory."

"Always Ryan." We continue to revel in each others embrace before he confesses something. "Do you know why I picked this place."

"No," I say with a confused expression on my face. "This is the place where I knew I wanted you to be my wife. The mother of my kids. Seeing you playing with Laklyn, I knew from that point on I would make you mine forever." I press a kiss to his lips taking in this man in front of me.

"I love you forever Ryan."

"I love you always Mallory."

***

July nineteenth. The day I became Mrs. Shaw.

I wanted some part of my father and Dylan to be there with me, so we chose one of the best days my family and I ever had.

Never in a million years would I have thought I would be married to Ryan Shaw. The school's bad boy, the player, the heartbreaker. Who knew he would've turned out to be my other half. The one that completes me in ways I never thought were possible.

No matter when, No matter where, I will always have my home.

*A/N*

Thank you for reading. I really hope you liked it. I know at some points the story may not make sense or be grammatically correct, but I still hope you thought it was a good story. Thank you. :) <3