Chapter 49

*warning abuse*

*warning abuse*

I was so prepared to go through the day without talking to him.

It took all of my strength not to forgive him right there. Hearing him explain himself only made me feel even shitter about how I acted. But that doesn't take away what he said.

I'm so focused on my tears falling down my face I don't see the wall that I run into. I feel my butt hit the ground and I hear someone yell from behind me.

"Hey, Mallory are you ok," I feel arms wrap under mine, pulling me onto my feet. "You just ran into a wall, you sure you're ok," my eyes focus and I see it's Noah who is still holding me.

"Thanks, but I'm fine," I take my arms out of his and start walking down the hall. "Hey I was with you remember, I know when you're lying," He catches up to me.

"Yeah I also remember when you cheated on me and just used me as a score." This time I know my voice and I'm not hiding it. "Mallory, I know I messed up, but I screwed up with you. I truly loved you, and maybe I still do."

Noah was my first ever love, but he made it so I could never trust anyone close to my heart again. "Noah, you really hurt me. You made it so I could never trust anyone again." I continue walking away from him, and so does he.

"Mallory, I just want to be friends with you and prove to you that you can trust me again." He takes my hand in his. "Please can we just be friends." If I say yes, I'm letting him in again. If I say no, then I'm not trusting anyone ever again.

"If I do this, if I say yes to being your friend, then that's it we are just friends."

"Yes, just friends," I see the smile grow on his chiseled face at my agreement.

"So, friend wanna tell me why you ran into a wall. Did you forget your contacts," he gives my shoulder a nudge and lets out a laugh. "Ha, Ha very funny, no I just forgot it was there," we turn the corner just as the bell sounds, signaling the end of third period.

"Well I know you don't just forget a wall, so what's up. Why aren't you with Ryan?," I can't avoid his nagging any longer.

"We sorta broke up." I leave it at that. "Oh, Mal I'm sorry," I just shrug it off and make my way to my locker with Noah not far behind me. "What happened, or as a friend of you don't wanna tell me I get it," I reach into my locker and take a sip from my water bottle.

"It's just something that happened with us that's all." I continue drinking from my water and catch him in the corner of my eye. His tall figure will always have a hold on me. I can't seem to shake our moment in the classroom.