Chapter 41

Waking up with the feeling of her pressed against me was one of the best feelings in the world

Waking up with the feeling of her pressed against me was one of the best feelings in the world. And knowing that she was mine, made it so much better.

However, I want her to truly know she's mine. I had never felt this way about anyone after Kate. Mallory had a way of making the world stop.

Just laying here watching her chest rise and fall with every breath she took, it felt like we were the only two on this Earth. I brushed a stray hair away from her gorgeous face just so I could see her beautifully laid freckles.

I rested my head on my hand and my elbow on a pillow, and I slowly ran my fingers through her incredibly soft hair. She started to stir as I continued running my fingers through her hair.

She slowly opened her big blue eyes as she rolled over to face me. I brushed some more hair away from her face after it fell in front of her eyes. "Good morning baby." I pressed a kiss to her forehead as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes.

"How did you sleep princess." I asked as I rested my arm over her waist. "I slept really good how about you." I couldn't help the smile that took over my face as she asked me.

It just washed over me that no one had ever taken the time to worry about how I slept or how I was feeling until her. She noticed.

"Couldn't have slept better without you next to me." Her blush didn't go unnoticed. "You're such a liar," She pushed my chest with her hand causing me to almost fall off the bed.

"Hey don't push me." I grabbed her by her hips pulling her underneath my body. "No, don't you dare." She tried to push me off her tiny body, but it didn't work.

"Stop, please you know I hate it." She started to squirm uncontrollably as I readied my hands to tickle her exposed waist. "You pushed me, I can't let that slide," I started to push her down so I could tickle her.

"No, sto-," her words suddenly turned to laughs as I started to tickle her hips. I felt her legs kicking underneath mine, so I thought she suffered enough.

"That was so uncalled for." Soon after she calmed her laughter, my laughter started. "Stopppp," she complained as my laughter grew. "Ok, ok we have to get ready anyway." I got out of her bed walking over to where my pants were and threw them on.

She looked at me with a confused look on her face as I threw on my shirt from the other night. "Ready for what?" I looked over to see her sitting cross-legged on the bed.

"Remember we're doing lunch with everyone. Kind of a last day of break thing." I sat on the edge of her bed, bringing her closer to me.