Chapter 16

"Goodnight handsome," she said as I began walking away

I stopped as soon as I heard her sweet voice say this. I couldn't help but smile at the compliment she just gave me. I was so into my thoughts that I almost didn't hear the noise that came from downstairs. I wasted no time in hurrying down the stairs to see what the noise was. As soon as I was downstairs, I began to look around and saw that the back door was open. I walked over to the door and stuck my head out the window to see who or what made the noise. I looked around and saw nothing out in her yard so I assumed then something maybe just dropped on the floor or something, so I just let it be.

Some of me thought that maybe it wasn't just something that got dropped and someone was in her house. I couldn't just leave and possibly let three teenage girls get kidnapped or murdered, that wouldn't be a gentlemen thing to do. I contemplated for a while what I was going to do and then ultimately decided that it was probably better if I slept on her couch. I texted my mom to let her know where I was and why I wasn't going to be home, I knew she would be ok with it because she raised me right.

I couldn't stop thinking of us on the bed together. The way she makes me crazy with the smallest things. How her deep dimples show when she's laughing, how she twirls her hair when she's bored. Everything about her was mesmerizing to me, I wanted to know everything about her and more. I was so scared that I actually hurt her when we were wrestling, but I knew it had to be something bad because she is one of the toughest people that I know. and doing something as small as that, shouldn't hurt.

I never pinky promised with anyone. What was so different about her that made me want to do all of that corny crap.

***

"Who is that," I heard a soft voice say.

I squinted my eyes to see who was asking this question, only to be met with a frightened-looking Mallory holding a frying pan. I quickly sat up with my hands up to show her that it was only me.

"Hey now drop the pan, it's only me," I said to her.

"What are you doing here," she asked rather relieved.

"Well I was about to leave last night, but then I heard a noise from the basement and went to see what it was, I thought something just dropped, but then I thought what if someone was in here and something happened to you guys and I didn't want anything to happen to you," I explained to her.

"Guys," she added on.

"Huh," I asked confused.

"You said I didn't want anything to happen to you," she said.

"Uh yeah guys," I said kinda nervous.

***

After a little bit of worrying, the girls and I made our way to school and met up with the guys.