Chapter 47

Waking up to the sound of my alarm was like hearing 10 toddlers screaming and crying; annoying

I hit stop on my alarm and sit up in my bed trying to wake up, that is rhetorical since I haven't been able to sleep with no answer from Ryan.

I walk over to my closet and pick out something simple but cute.

I throw on my little flowery shirt that makes my boobs pop and a pair of light wash jean shorts

I throw on my little flowery shirt that makes my boobs pop and a pair of light wash jean shorts. I do my simple makeup routine and leave my hair in it's natural state.

It's 6:30 now and I should probably start to make my way to the school. I walk over and slip on my beat up converse and grab my bag before leaving my room.

I haven't had anything to eat since Friday and still find myself not hungry. I grab my keys and head out the door.

***

The drive to school was slower than normal. I found myself being stopped at stoplights longer than I should have been, thinking about him.

I get into my spot and see what I was not expecting. His truck parked right where it should be. So he's ok, why couldn't he tell me?

I try and ignore it and make my way into school. The stares I'm getting however, don't get ignored. The pity stare or the I told you so stare all get shot my way.

I head over to my girls who are waiting by my locker and see them laughing and smiling, until I walk up to them.

"Hey girly, how have you been," Riley wraps me in a ginormous huge leaving me confused. "What's going on," I ask once she pulls away from our long, awkward hug.

"You were MIA all weekend," Riley looks as if this is the most hurtful thing I could have done to her. "What did you do all weekend," Mac leans off the locker and joins the conversation. "I just took some time to myself."

"Hey can I borrow your homework answers for Math, I completely forgot about it," I open up my locker and throw some of my books from last week back on its shelf.

"What, the great genius Mallory forgot to do her homework. I'm shocked." Riley places her hand over her heart and her mouth hangs open. "Careful, you're attracting flies," Mac tips Riley's mouth shut and she's quick to slap her hand.