Chapter 29

That night with Mallory was all I could think about the whole way home

That night with Mallory was all I could think about the whole way home. Let's just say it was a hard ride home.

She wouldn't even look at me this morning and it had felt as if she just took a huge piece of my heart that night and then just threw it away.

The way her body fit against mine, the nosies that came from her mouth I just wanted to hear that again.

As soon as I got home I expected what was to come. I just didn't think it would be so aggressive.

"Ryan Bryce Shaw. Get your ass in here now!," the sound of my dads voice used to make me nervous and panic, but now it barely phases me.

I set my bag down at the beginning of the stairs and made my way to the living room to the lovely call of my fathers voice.

"What," I leaned against the archway that lead to the living room and stared at my dad. "Do not what me kid, you wanna explain to me where the hell you were these past four days," he said getting louder by every word.

"I took a vacation," I said crossing my arms over my chest. "Don't you get smart with me, you think you can just take a vacation from school and from practice you have lost your mind," I was waiting for him to get up from his spot on the couch and walk over to me.

"Sometimes I just need a break dad you of all people would know what that feels like, when you get sick of being with the same people all the time, or doing the same thing everyday," I was the one who screamed this time. Grabbing my bag I headed up the stairs leaving the man I call father.

"You better plan on making yourself comfortable in that bed boy, because your gonna get real comfortable In it. Your bedroom and school is your new life," slamming the door I shut out my dads voice.

I flopped down on my bed looking up at the plain white ceiling.

"Knock, Knock," I sat up on the bed resting against my headboard. "Come in," I said behind the closed door.

"Hey I heard you and dad," it was Mason who was standing outside my door this time. "Oh you heard that, we were having such a calm conversation, I said rolling my eyes as the sarcasm left my mouth.

"Good one. So why were you really gone for four days," he asked walking further into my room. "I went to Nashville with the guys," I said to him returning back to my previous position on the bed.

"Was it just the guys or were there other people there too," he said sounding more interested than before. "What are you talking about," I tried playing dumb, but I don't think I could get it past him.

"Come on, I know you invited those girls with you guys too, I'm not stupid," I knew he knew, but he just confirmed it. "Don't say anything to mom or dad alright, I'm already in enough trouble," I said sounding a little nervous.

"Don't worry I'm not gonna say anything. As long as you cover for me tonight," wow my little brother blackmailing me to sneak out. I don't know weather I should be proud or if I should bitch him out.