Chapter 23

I had no idea what to expect when I got the call from Ryan

I had no idea what to expect when I got the call from Ryan. Considering that we haven't spoken to each other in like 2 weeks, I was surprised when he told me to come over to his house instead of going to school.

Add to my surprise that he was planning on taking us all to Nashville for a getaway. I could tell something was off with him, but I couldn't exactly tell what. Ryan had told everyone to leave his house and pack a bag.

Things were going fine until I came back to his house and my bruise started to act up and I bent over in pain.

"Hey are you ok," Ryan asked placing his hand on my lower back.

"Yeah, it's nothing," I said brushing him off.

I was saved when Josh and Connor came barreling into the hallway, and oh so graciously interrupted Ryan's nosiness.

After a while of long discussion, we all finally decided that we were going to ditch this week of school and head to Nashville, in only 2 cars. As fate would have it, we decided that I was going to be put into the car with Ryan. Just the 2 of us for 3 whole hours. Could this get anymore amazing (hint that sarcasm).

"What music you want to listen too," he asked me.

It had only been 45 minutes since we left the house and this was the first sentence that was spoke since then.

"I don't care," I said while turning my head and looking out the window at the water below us.

"Yes you do, come on just give me something to play," he said while rolling down the window I was looking out of. I simply just rolled up my window and went back to my sight seeing.

"Oh come on, not even a slap or a punch, or even a fuck you," he said while turning off the music.

I didn't respond.

"Fine, well I know that you can't stand awkward silence so, no music until you talk," he said sounding stern.

I really couldn't stand awkward silence. Back when Ryan and I were on talking terms, I had told him that awkward silence makes me really uncomfortable to the point where I just say something random, or just start laughing. However I was not in a laughing, or talking mood.

5 minutes still nothing was said.

10 minutes, nothing but the sound of car honks.

20 minutes Ryan had let some deep sighs slip.

30 finally he spoke.

"Mallory, why won't you talk to me," Ryan said looking over at me.

I just shrugged my shoulders.

"Please say something, I can't go this whole ride without hearing your cute but stubborn voice," he said with a small smile.

"What am I supposed to say Ryan, that I'm sorry you kissing me was so awful that you had to go and have sex with the first girl you laid eyes on, which oh so happened to be Chloe," I finally put everything I had been thinking about for the past 2 weeks out in the open for Ryan to know.