Chapter 21

•warning abuse

•warning abuse

I woke up to an unfamiliar smell and a very bad headache.

I sat up and looked around to see that I was in a room that looked a lot like Riley's room, I took one look at the "R" that was on the wall and green vines that hung above her bed and realized that I was in her room.

What I couldn't figure out what that smell was or why I had a headache, I had drank at all really so I was really confused.

I sat up and made sure my head wasn't spinning before I stood up and was about to head to door, but quickly realized that the smell was puke from the bathroom. My eyes drifted to the floor and saw Mac passed out on the floor still in her costume. I decided to let her sleep rather than to wake her up and head downstairs.

I headed down the hallway and down the stairs to see Riley asleep on her massive couch, she was also passed out asleep and I was the only one who was semi conscious.

I really shouldn't drive considering I could barely stand and walk, so I did what any crazy person would do, called Ryan.

He answered on the second ring.

"What's up shorty," he said.

"Where are you right now," I asked while I started to grab my things.

"I'm at the gym," he replied.

"Oh, then never mind," I said.

"No, what's up are you ok," he asked sounding concerned.

"Yeah I'm fine, I was just gonna ask for a ride from Riley's," I explained to him as I put the phone on speaker to get dressed.

"Give me ten minutes and I'll be there," he said.

"You don't have too it's fine," I said.

"No, I said I'll be there in ten, so I'll be there in ten," he said. Then the line went dead.

It was actually nine minutes before he got here and I was sitting on Riley's porch sitting watching his truck pull into the long dirt road that led to her house.

"Hey," he greeted as he got out of the truck.

"Hey," I said back.

"You ok," he asked as he reached his hand out for me to grab it.

"I don't know," I said as he pulled me up.

"Is it what happened last night," he asked as he placed his hand on my lower back to steady me.

"What happened last night," I asked him.

"Luke spiked your drink and um yeah," he said as his hand was still on my lower back.

I stayed quiet realizing what had almost happened last night and let him guide me to his truck with his hand still on my back.

Normally when anyone would do this I would tense, but with Ryan, it felt safe.