Chapter 28

I remeber the very first time I laid eyes on her

Me and the boys always played kickball at recess no matter what the weather. Rain or shine. Snow or sleet, we played. Noah, Josh and I would always play with some of the other boys in our sixth grade class whenever we got the chance too. Connor was one of the guys that we would let play with us along with his friends.

As soon as that bell rang, we were all out of Mrs. Morgan's classroom and out on the blacktop. Grabbing the rubber kickball, I opened the door to the blacktop that was also the parking lot and headed over to the group of boys that was beginning to form around home-plate.

"Hey guys. Are we picking captians, or what," I asked setting the ball down at my feet. "Yeah. Ryan do you want to be a captain," Josh asked me picking up the ball that was resting under my foot. "Hold up, guys there's someone else who's gonna play with us," Josh and I looked over all the boys that had formed a circle around us to see Noah walking with a relatively short, blonde girl.

"Whose she," Josh asked taking the words out of my mouth. "This is Mallory, she's been in our class for a while. Your telling me you haven't noticed her," Noah asked us with a discussed look on his face. In all honesty, no I haven't seen her before. From what I've heard she is plays softball, dance, and cheer, has a brother who is in seventh grade, and she is vertically challenged. But I guess I never really saw her before.

"She's gonna play with us today," that's when I snapped out of my thoughts. "What, no this is a guy's game she's not gonna be able to do anything," I exclaimed out of annoyance. "Yeah. Come on Noah, she's just gonna mess up in the out field," Josh said siding with me. "Well, news flash I'm not like all the other girls. I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty," I looked down as the five-foot blonde, blue eyed girl, stared up at my five-eight self with a look of challenge in her eyes. "Fine. You can play, but your not on my team, you can be on your boyfriends team," I said pointing over at Noah.

No these two weren't dating, but I knew along the lines they would be together at some point. Noah was always taking to a girl, but I never really paid attention until he brought her over to play.

"Ok, fine let's do teams," Finn, one of the guys in our friend group said moving out of the circle that was formed around us. "Ok, I'll go first," I said moving away from the circle as well. "Um, Jake," I made my first pick. Now it was Noah's turn to pick. "Mallory," I couldn't help but roll my eyes at his pick. Of course he was going to pick her. "Mason," as my brother walked over to me and Jake I gave him a fist bump as to tell him not to screw this up. "Cooper," Noah made his second pick. "Josh," I made my pick. "Connor," Noah made his. "Finn," I yelled. "Ben," Noah went. "Ryder," I said making my team complete. "Cole," Noah finished his line-up.

"Ok, since you picked first we get to kick first," Noah said to me. Shaking my head I made my way over to the out field towards my team. I threw the ball to Jake since he was the pitcher and made my way over to third base. First to kick was Noah. Josh threw his hands back, signaling the rest of the outfielders to move back. Noah did have a pretty good kick, I will admit. Just as predicted, his kick went all the way into the second level parking lot.