Chapter 32

Sexual content

Sexual content

"She's out of town right now, I'm her daughter," I told the officers. Why were they here? What did she do?

"Do you happen to know when she'll be back in town ma'am," if I was being honest, no I had no idea when she would be back? She could be back in a week, a day, hell she could be back in an hour.

"Not at the moment sir no," I told them what I could.

"Well then please have her call us, we have some questions that need to be addressed," what couldn't they tell me?

"Is she in any kind of trouble officer," I asked leaning on the door frame. "We can't say ma'am, and it's nothing personal just don't want to alarm anyone without having all of the facts," the taller, more muscular officer said to me as he tucked his thumbs on either side of his vest.

"Oh, I understand," I said leaning away from the door. "Sorry to bother you, have a good rest of your Thanksgiving ma'am," I sent them a nod as they began walking back to their squad car which was parked on the side of the street.

On this side of town, people were used to seeing a cop car.

She was smothering me

I was just trying to be nice for my mom, but I couldn't take it anymore. Ava was out for blood.

All I wanted to do was run after Mallory when she left the dining room. I gave Lila a look from across the table telling her to go after her.

Lila knew more than she would let on, so I knew she could try and smooth things over with Mal.

"And just like that, boom right out the gate," I had caught the last bit of grandpa Joe's story as I walked into the kitchen.

It was around 4 o'clock when everyone left and now it was just me, mom, and Mason. Oh and grandma and grandpa. "You know I'll be sure to tell that to the guys at the club on Monday," Grandpa said putting on his coat.

"I'm sure you will Pop," I said walking him to the door. "Make sure to say hi to that lovely girl for me," he said handing my grandma her coat. "We really like her Ryan, we think she's good for you," I listened to my grandma's words as I went in to give her a hug. "I don't plan on letting her go," I said leaning down, taking her in my embrace. "Well take care of yourself dear, and Mae I'm sorry that David wasn't here today. I'll be talking to him tonight," I couldn't help but roll my eyes as she talked about my dad.