Chapter 13

*warning abuse*

*warning abuse*

It has been about a week since homecoming. Ryan and I have gotten closer as friends, spending much more time together as a group and hanging out just us two. He has been really supportive ever since the bombshell that went down with Jack, he has been acting a little different around me. I have decided to take time for myself and just play the field a little bit. I know this may sound bad in a way but when you have been burned so many times by boys, you just start to not care.

My mom stayed longer on her trip and was coming back tonight apparently, who knows plans could change. It was Sunday and I was just sitting on the kitchen counter eating ice cream. I was debating whether or not to get the house decorated for Holloween, since it was October 1st. Mom hasn't decorated the house for any holiday ever since the accident. Holloween was always dad's favorite holiday. He always said "to be yourself since everyone else was already taken, except on Holloween, then you can be whoever the hell you want," this was something that always stuck with me because I was always my true self. I was loud, brutally honest, and funny, and when I loved someone, I love them forever. However, like my dad, when someone wrongs me I make sure that they know never to wrong me ever again.

***

Tennesee never really had the colder seasons, but it did drop to the point where I would still wear big chunky sweaters and leggings. Today was one of the cooler days and I was bored out of my mind. I was done eating ice cream and was now doing a handstand in my room, I wanted to see how long I could go. I used to be a cheerleader for my school, so I still have some of my flexibility and was able to do some of the more difficult moves such as a handstand, back walkover, cartwheels, and other bendy type moves.

I held the handstand for about 1 minute and 30 seconds before I felt like I was gonna pass out, I could have gone longer but all the blood going to my head made it a little difficult. About ten minutes, and three and a half songs later, I thought I should actually do something with my day.

Mac and Riley were out doing God knows what, so I was by my little ole' self. I took out my phone to see what there was to do and what was open. I figured since it's Sunday, not much would be open considering it was the Lord's day. In Tennesse, Sunday was Church day and nothing else.

My family used to go to church every Sunday but after the accident mom never wanted to go again, even though we didn't go to church as much as we did, the silver cross that dad gave me for my eleventh birthday still hung around my neck and would never be taken off.

After a while of thinking of what to do, I thought about going to a field and hit some balls. Since it was still decently warm out, I decided to wear my white sports bra with some light green leggings and my tennis shoes.