Chapter 39

New Year's Eve a night to drink, stay up till  midnight and even get that midnight kiss

New Year's Eve a night to drink, stay up till midnight and even get that midnight kiss. I never had that midnight kiss.

Tonight was going to be a night full of drinking, partying, and kisses; hopefully.

"I'm so excited for tonight, aren't you. I mean I can barely hold myself together." Riley invited us over to her house to get ready. The guys were picking us up at like eight o'clock and to Riley this meant getting ready at four o'clock.

"Ri, it's just a party," I was currently helping her fold her clothes and by helping I mean doing it myself. Her room is like Sephora and Victoria's Secret exploded.

"A party at a real club. The kind we aren't aloud in till we're twenty-one." You can tell Riley is a little excited about tonight.

If you're wondering about how we can get in a club when most of us are eighteen or seventeen, well Josh has some connections that he wouldn't tell us about. But we're able to have drinks just like any other.

"You act like we don't drink enough," I pointed out to her as she started on her hair. Mac and I had just been scrolling through our phones ever since we got here, and we're now looking for a show to watch on Riley's tv.

"Can you too get ready," Riley scolded us as she walked over to her closet. "Riley it's only four thirty. Chill." I moved so I was sitting against her headboard with my feet resting on top of her fluffy pink pillow.

"Mallory, you're the one I need to worry about. Do you know what you're going to wear?" Riley peeked her head out of her large walk-in closet as she questioned me.

"Yes I know what I'm going to wear," I really didn't. "Are you lying to me." She gave me her typical "I know you are, so don't lie about lying" face. "I have a general idea of what I want to wear." I reached for the stack of magazines that were on her nightstand and flipped open to a random page in a Cosmo magazine.

"Where is it," this time she crossed her arms over her chest as she asked me. "It's in the bag I packed." I nodded my head towards my gym bag that was on the floor next to her bedroom door.

She walked over to my bag without breaking eye contact with me. I listened to the sound of my bag unzipping and Riley rifling through my clothes.

"You put your dress just crumpled in here with your shoes on top of it." I didn't need to look towards her to see that she had utter shock across her face.

"It's fine," I flipped to another page of the magazine. "Your lucky I have a steamer." She took my dress out of my bag and hung it up on her door. She ran into her bathroom, returning with a small steamer in her hand.

"Riley it's really not that big of a deal. Here come watch with us." I pulled her to the bed by her arm and laid her down so her head was resting on my chest. "Breathe you crazy girl," I joked with her while I rubbed my hand up and down her long brown hair.